“Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bowman's Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Bowman's Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Bowman's Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
4169 Rte 13, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Batavia, Illinois
“Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I called and said I was looking for a romantic getaway since my wife and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. When we arrived, Kathy, who was taking care of the B&B, greeted us at the door. She was very pleasant and made us feel very welcome. The cabin was beautiful and very CLEAN. No musty smells or dirt. Kathy, was the best host. A truly peaceful vacation at a very special place.

Room Tip: The cabins are great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was my second visit to this B & B...The Garden cabin is absolutely beautiful. I appreciate each and every piece of decor that was used inside and outside. The property is so peaceful, the hosts are wonderful (even the "substitute" Kathy was wonderful). I don't have words for the amount of love I have for this place. May God continue to bless this property now and in the future.

Room Tip: The rating system is a little unfair...There is no "fitness center" or "swimming pool...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape May, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in the main house on our trip to the Dells with our two kids, age 9 and 14. Here is a list of what went wrong:

When we got there, she said we had been charged wrong and we owed another 106.00. I paid, but by my calculations we were overcharged. I just didn't know what to do..we were already there...
They do not allow you to eat food in their house. We ordered pizza one night and had to eat outside with the bugs.
They said there is a TV with movies that you can watch, but the night we watched a movie the owners had friends over and we were asked to turn the movie down. I have hearing loss, and I could not hear the movie at all.
They hovered. We felt watched all the time. We had some candy in our room and were asked to put it outside.
They have dogs. The dogs had fleas-one the last night we saw them in the carpet in the room. We had to wash all our belongings at the laundromat before we could bring them in the house.
The worst?? The unsolicited parental advice they gave us when we were leaving. It was really more of a lecture. They also lectured our daughter on being a good girl and having her dates ask her dad for permission to stay out late, etc...ummmm...she's 14! We will handle that when we get to that point. Then they asked us to pray with them-very uncomfortable. We didn't know them and didn't know that religion was part of this B and B. They should let you know that when you book. I don't have a problem with religious people, but it was forced on us.

Room Tip: I would never stay here again. But if I had to, I would stay outside of the main house.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nancy B, Owner at Bowman's Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts re: your July stay. I would like to respond to your concerns.

Our room rates are based on only 2 people in each room with additional charges for each additional person. I want to appoligize for not having more effectively communicated the percived discrepancy in your bill.

Our pets are treated and inspected regularly. They are not allowed in the guest rooms.

There are several options for guests to enjoy a meal together on site both inside and out doors in a screened room. We also have a guest refridgerator available for any items brought into the house to be stored in.

David is a retired Pastor. We do have a simple grace said over the breakfast. I do appoligize that our expression of appreciation for your children's commendable manners and behavior was misinterpreted as mettling. It was a pleasure to have your children in our home.

We are always available to tend to any concern a guest may have during their stay. Our goal is to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible. We are disheartened to hear you did not feel comfortable enough durinng your stay in July to come to us with your concerns. We will make every effort to more clearly communicate that we are always open to hearing a guests concerns. We do hope that you will try another B&B that is more suited to your personal expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I spent a weekend at Bowman's with my wife to celebrate her birthday and to get some time away from the kids. We stayed in one of the cabins that is offered that is to the rear of the main house. We had breakfast each morning with the other guests and the food was delicious. Joe and Kathy were managing the bed and breakfast while the owners were visiting family, and they did a phenomenal job. My wife and I both felt welcomed and at home during our stay. The cabin was perfect and was as relaxing and quiet as we hoped it would be. The location is great and is very short trip to all the Dells restaurants and attractions. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We booked just one night as we were on our way to visit family for Thanksgiving. I had stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before but my man hadn't. When I first mentioned the idea to him, I was a little nervous that it wouldn't be his cup of tea but he was interested in seeing what a B&B was all about, plus every review I had read about the place spoke very highly of it. When we first got there, we were greated by Kathy. She was very nice and warm to us and made a point to ask if this was our first time staying at a Bed and Breakfast. She seemed to really want us to have a great experience. After putting our stuff in our room, I did my usual glance around the room to see how clean it was. I was very impressed. I am a very picky traveler when it comes to cleanliness. I admit, before I went to bed, I took a look at the sheets... Spotless, bright white, wonderful, comfortable, I was so happy. I thought that made my stay - the next day however, really made the stay, for both of us. Breakfast was very good, and the company and conversations were even better. The service was excellent. Joe and Kathy are wonderful hosts! Bowman's is clean and comfortable. My man said that Bowman's made a great first experience to Bed and Breakfasts. We would both go there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast so we weren't exactly sure what to expect. We stayed at Bowman's to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary and the weekend couldn't have been more perfect. David and Nancy make you feel like you are family from the moment you drive up to their beautiful property. We stayed in the Garden Cottage which I highly recommend. The cottage comes equipped with a big comfortable bed, a large jacuzzi, a little kitchenette with items such as a microwave, a mini fridge, some silverware, a wine bottle opener, etc., a very comfortable love seat, a TV with Directv and a little electric fireplace. We brought our 17 month old daughter with us and there was plenty of room to set up her pack n' play at night for her to sleep in.

We stayed for 2 nights. The first morning we were the only guests so we were able to eat breakfast in the dining room with David and Nancy. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Nancy even prepared a separate plate for our daughter. The hosts were easy to talk to and gave us plenty of suggestions on what to do that day in the Dells. The second morning there were other guests so they asked us if it was okay to bring breakfast to us since we had our daughter with us. We were perfectly fine with this and thought it was awful nice of them to accommodate to people visiting with kids and those who were trying to get away from kids for the weekend. The cream filled pumpkin muffins and fruit smoothies at breakfast were amazing. They also had the best sausage I have ever had in my life.

Overall I would definitely recommend Bowman's to anyone who wants to get away for a little while for some good ol' rest and relaxation. The bed and breakfast has a perfect location that is a quick 5 minute drive to all the attractions of the dells but is far away enough that it is peaceful and quiet. They also have two cute little dogs that our daughter really enjoyed playing with. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: The Garden Cottage is perfect.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This bed and breakfast is very clean and the breakfast's served are very good. The common areas are ample and if the weather is nice there is a nice deck. You do have to drive to get to all attractions and downtown but it's not far. If you are expecting the Dells to have activities don't go in October.

Room Tip: If you're looking for space pick Elmer's room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bowman's Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!