“Would definately stay at Bowman's again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bowman's Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Bowman's Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast
4169 Rte 13, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Would definately stay at Bowman's again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We booked just one night as we were on our way to visit family for Thanksgiving. I had stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before but my man hadn't. When I first mentioned the idea to him, I was a little nervous that it wouldn't be his cup of tea but he was interested in seeing what a B&B was all about, plus every review I had read about the place spoke very highly of it. When we first got there, we were greated by Kathy. She was very nice and warm to us and made a point to ask if this was our first time staying at a Bed and Breakfast. She seemed to really want us to have a great experience. After putting our stuff in our room, I did my usual glance around the room to see how clean it was. I was very impressed. I am a very picky traveler when it comes to cleanliness. I admit, before I went to bed, I took a look at the sheets... Spotless, bright white, wonderful, comfortable, I was so happy. I thought that made my stay - the next day however, really made the stay, for both of us. Breakfast was very good, and the company and conversations were even better. The service was excellent. Joe and Kathy are wonderful hosts! Bowman's is clean and comfortable. My man said that Bowman's made a great first experience to Bed and Breakfasts. We would both go there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast so we weren't exactly sure what to expect. We stayed at Bowman's to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary and the weekend couldn't have been more perfect. David and Nancy make you feel like you are family from the moment you drive up to their beautiful property. We stayed in the Garden Cottage which I highly recommend. The cottage comes equipped with a big comfortable bed, a large jacuzzi, a little kitchenette with items such as a microwave, a mini fridge, some silverware, a wine bottle opener, etc., a very comfortable love seat, a TV with Directv and a little electric fireplace. We brought our 17 month old daughter with us and there was plenty of room to set up her pack n' play at night for her to sleep in.

We stayed for 2 nights. The first morning we were the only guests so we were able to eat breakfast in the dining room with David and Nancy. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Nancy even prepared a separate plate for our daughter. The hosts were easy to talk to and gave us plenty of suggestions on what to do that day in the Dells. The second morning there were other guests so they asked us if it was okay to bring breakfast to us since we had our daughter with us. We were perfectly fine with this and thought it was awful nice of them to accommodate to people visiting with kids and those who were trying to get away from kids for the weekend. The cream filled pumpkin muffins and fruit smoothies at breakfast were amazing. They also had the best sausage I have ever had in my life.

Overall I would definitely recommend Bowman's to anyone who wants to get away for a little while for some good ol' rest and relaxation. The bed and breakfast has a perfect location that is a quick 5 minute drive to all the attractions of the dells but is far away enough that it is peaceful and quiet. They also have two cute little dogs that our daughter really enjoyed playing with. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: The Garden Cottage is perfect.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This bed and breakfast is very clean and the breakfast's served are very good. The common areas are ample and if the weather is nice there is a nice deck. You do have to drive to get to all attractions and downtown but it's not far. If you are expecting the Dells to have activities don't go in October.

Room Tip: If you're looking for space pick Elmer's room.
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I go to a different Bed and Breakfast every year on Columbus day weekends. We arrived on Friday night and warmly welcomed by David and Nancy Bowman. They gave us a quick tour of the house. It was large red on the inside than it appears from the outside. The house was decorated very nice, and very inviting. They showed us to our room which at one time was the master bed room, Elmer's Room. We slept very well and the bed was like sleeping on our bed. They also have 2 cabins and 1 Airstream Camper that is new this year. Break was served at 9 each on Sat. and Sun. The breakfast on Sat. was pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and a fresh fruit smoothie. Pancakes were made with cottage cheese, the eggs made with cream cheese, the smoothies were made from there garden fruits. We didn't have to eat lunch until 3 in the afternoon. Sunday breakfast was just as good egg casserole, sausage, scone, and a fresh food cup. The living room had a TV for the guests use with a wide selection on movies. There was plenty of room for all the guest to spread out in the house the the 3 season room. The only draw back was no TV's in the rooms, but this only minor compared to the way the house is set up. The high point was the Bowmans 2 dogs greeting me both mornings. As more guests arrived the dogs were sent to the Bowmans living quarters. I do believe that both cabins have TV's. So if you get a chance and never stayed at a B and B this is a good place to stay.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I spent the night in the Argosy "Adventure" for our 11yr wedding anniversary. We weren't sure what to expect staying in a trailer, but really wanted to experience something different and memorable. WOW, did we ever get that!
The hosts greeted us when we arrived and were warm and hospitable. They recommended a great little cafe for dinner and when we returned offered us movies to watch and reminded us about breakfast in the morning.
The Argosy itself is immaculate down to every detail. It is clean, gorgeous, and very vintage! The deck is built around it and leads to a curtained room(cabana) that has two sparkling clean and gorgeous side-by-side claw footed tubs. The weather when we stayed was in the 40's and COLD. We were brave though and used the tubs at night, AND in the morning and it was the most romantic thing we have done in a very long time. I opened the side curtain of the cabana in the morning and was surprised to see white-tail deer right off the deck. There are 2 plush robes in the trailer as well as a nice sofa that turns into a double bed. Despite that, my husband and I stayed in our own separate twin beds and held hands across the aisle. It was strangely romantic and sweet. They had a nice variety of movies we could borrow, two adorable dogs, many equally friendly guests, a cute little tree swing, and endless topics for conversation. I truly feel like David and Nancy invested a little of themselves in us, so much so that Nancy offered to be my grandmother since all of mine have passed and I miss having one. They are a blessing as is their bed and breakfast.
I certainly cannot end the review without talking about Nancys breakfast. It stared with a fresh tropical fruit salad in a beautiful stemmed glass sprinkled with toasted coconut. We then were served a gorgeous plate of a spinach egg bake, delicious sausage and hot from the oven oatmeal scones. Needless to say, I finished it ALL.
Troy and I will be back very soon and would recommend it to everyone we know.

Room Tip: Choose the Argosy!
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at Bowmans for 3 nights while in Wisconsin Dells. Nancy & David took good care of us, recommending places to visit and places to eat, & providing a tasty breakfast that set us up for a busy day of activities. We stayed in one of the cottages - it was cosy & quiet. When we got back later in the afternoon we had a choice of relaxing on our verandah or coming up to the main house to relax another veranda & watch the birds dodge to & from bird feeders. Bowmans is central to Wisconsin Dells. Breakfast is served in the main house at 9am - a very civilised time to eat when on holiday. Although while we were there Nancy did cook breakfast early for a couple who had to leave early to make an appointment. Breakfast was at a comunal table. A very friendly atmosphere. We meet some lovely people while staying here.

Room Tip: Choose one of the cottages if available.
Iron Ridge, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

David and Nancy were great. We felt welcomed from the time we got there to the time we left. We had never stayed at a b&b before and didn't know what to expect. We were worried about a lack of privacy, but that wasn't the case at all. The other couples that stayed there were awesome we had some real good conversation at breakfast time. Best breakfast around very fancy and delicious.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bowman's Oak Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!