“Make sure to stop here!” 5 of 5 stars

608-254-2020
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 169 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Madison, Wisconsin
“Make sure to stop here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

So good that we went here twice during our 4 day stay. My husband had the boiled crayfish. The jambalaya was AMAZING! This is the only place in the northern states that I have found that had catfish that tasted just like it did when I was down south on business.

Visited June 2012

Jefferson, Wisconsin
“Excellent Service, food, and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were extremely pleased with our experience at the Taste of New Orleans. We were greeted by a wonderful hostess and our server was very friendly and helpful. Our food was phenomenal; even our rather picky 4 year olds ate everything! I'm astonished to see the bad reviews as this was definitely a great dining experience for us and our whole family! I also loved the decor and variety of seating available. We will definitely be going back here again!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Rude owners”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Apparently their credit card machine was down which I had only heard about a half hour after I ordered my food. When I questioned it the owner said they could only take cash. I was in the Dells on business and only had a work credit card. I explained this to the owner who pointed across the street and said, there is an ATM across the street." I explained to him again that I had no authority to pull cash off a business credit card. He told me, " it's not my problem." Well it became his problem when I got up and left as my food was ready to be brought to the table. I don't live that far the Dells and will be sure to tell everyone about my awful experience.

Madison, WI
“Awful Service. I'm seriously shocked this place is rated so high!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Maybe the bartender was having a really bad day, but sorry, you can't treat people like that and not get a bad review. He ignored my friend and I - wouldn't even give us an opportunity to order food or settle our bill. We've never been treated so poorly. Too bad we never got to try the food. The glass of wine we had was actually pretty good.

“Do not believe the good reviews! This is not the 7th best restaurant in the dells!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Our experience was terrible. It seemed like something that belongs on Kitchen Nightmares. The staff was arguing in front of the customers and seemed poorly managed. Our server was nice and provided good service but she didn't seem to really like where she was working. The food was bland and you don't get a portion size that reflects the high price. The table clothes were covered in plastic which made them sticky and unwelcoming like they didn't want to get their table clothes dirty. The decor is over the top and does not add to the dining experience. I will never go there again and if things keep going the way they are I think they will be out of business. I highly doubt they have any repeat customers.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere