“Rude owners” 1 of 5 stars

452 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965-1507
608-254-2020
Update restaurant details
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“Rude owners”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Apparently their credit card machine was down which I had only heard about a half hour after I ordered my food. When I questioned it the owner said they could only take cash. I was in the Dells on business and only had a work credit card. I explained this to the owner who pointed across the street and said, there is an ATM across the street." I explained to him again that I had no authority to pull cash off a business credit card. He told me, " it's not my problem." Well it became his problem when I got up and left as my food was ready to be brought to the table. I don't live that far the Dells and will be sure to tell everyone about my awful experience.

80% Recommend
Madison, WI
“Awful Service. I'm seriously shocked this place is rated so high!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Maybe the bartender was having a really bad day, but sorry, you can't treat people like that and not get a bad review. He ignored my friend and I - wouldn't even give us an opportunity to order food or settle our bill. We've never been treated so poorly. Too bad we never got to try the food. The glass of wine we had was actually pretty good.

“Do not believe the good reviews! This is not the 7th best restaurant in the dells!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Our experience was terrible. It seemed like something that belongs on Kitchen Nightmares. The staff was arguing in front of the customers and seemed poorly managed. Our server was nice and provided good service but she didn't seem to really like where she was working. The food was bland and you don't get a portion size that reflects the high price. The table clothes were covered in plastic which made them sticky and unwelcoming like they didn't want to get their table clothes dirty. The decor is over the top and does not add to the dining experience. I will never go there again and if things keep going the way they are I think they will be out of business. I highly doubt they have any repeat customers.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Crete, Illinois, United States
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Having dined in the New Orleans many times over the last 25 years, and experiencing the good, bad, and ugly, we decidied we wanted to try this restaurant. By far, this was one of the greatest dining experiences I have had. The owners, Sam and June, native Louisianna residents, were delightful and welcoming, the waite staff very courteous and helpful, and the food was phenomenal. After a recommendation from our waitress, Kelly, we ordered the the Sambo Catfish Special which included 2 exceptionally large catfish portions stuffed w/crabmeat, topped with money (pronounced monet) sauce, 4 extremely large shrimps (prawn level in size), a generous portion of fried green beans, homemade coleslaw, red potatoes. The portions were appetizingly large, the presentation was delectibly tantilizing, and the taste was amazingly perfect. Compared to our numerous New Orleans dining experiences, this one rates top. The cost for the meal for two was also a bargain.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Four menu picks and four winners.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We loved our shrimp, crab, crayfish po-boy, and shrimp po-boy sandwiches. The food was flavorful without trying to knock you sideways with hot sauce. The portions were generous without overwhelming you. The staff was very friendly and responsive. This is the first restaurant we've been to in many trips to the Dells that we will go out of our way to dine again.

Visited September 2012