“Authentic. Affordable. Delicious.” 5 of 5 stars

608-254-2020
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 167 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Belleair, Florida
“Authentic. Affordable. Delicious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Of course while visiting the Dells I had to visit the restaurant that tripadvisor members recommended as number 1. I wasn't disappointed.

The Wisconsin Dells is a giant tourist trap filled with mediocre food and high prices. Not at the Taste of New Orleans, however.

The food is authentic and delicious. It is the ONLY restaurant I have found in the midwest that carries boudin. I asked to speak to the owner who told me he has to import it in 15 case lots. He also told me that his mayo is Blue Plate and even his black pepper is a proprietary blend (I tasted both and they are great0.

For many years I lived in New Orleans - this restaurant qualifies as authentic. The prices are affordable, the staff friendly, the owner Sam visits every table and the food is delicious.

if you want an alternative to corporate, this is the place to go. Unfortuantely they close for the season but come spring, I will making the two hour drive just for some fresh oysters and boudin.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Elk Grove Village, Illinois
“Satisfaction - Not Guaranteed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We didn't care for the taste of the Shrimp Gumbo and expressed our feelings in a courteous fashion to our server. We did not expect to recieve a credit on our bill or such but would have appreciated some show of concern from the owner. Despite a low volume of lunch customers on this off-season day we were left with an empty stomach. Maybe the owner was having a bad day but I can't see any reason for ignoring an unsatisfied customer.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

The food was delicious yet affordable. We had Shrimp, Louisiana Pasta, Crab Cakes and a shrimp fondue for an appetizer. 3 of us ate it all. Very glad we decided to stop there for a late lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Welcome to the Big Easy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

My husband and I discovered this amazing restaurant on the last day of our Wisconsin vacation. What a find! Our lunch was so good that we went back for dinner! Our waitress, Sui, was adorable, fun and excellent! The food and ambience in the restaurant brought back terrific memories of New Orleans. Sam, the owner, said they will be expanding yet again this winter and will have an iron balcony with spanish moss over their new front door on Wisconsin Avenue. Look for it starting in March, 2012!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison, Wisconsin
“Yeah you right!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I live in Madison, but spent my young years in New Orleans. It is so worth the hour drive from Madison. Go now!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere