“Food, Service, and Location - All Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 169 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
kaukauna
“Food, Service, and Location - All Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited Port Vista by boat on a very hot Monday afternoon. We decided to eat inside to get out of the heat and we ended up sitting at the bar. Bartender Monica was a blast and told us the best joke - which cannot be repeated here :). And she made a fantastic Bloody Mary. We all had different types of burgers and each one was delicious - and huge. I had the salad bar with mine as well - a nice option. There are tables on a deck overlooking Lake Delton and plenty of space to dock a boat. We'll definitely visit again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

75% Recommend
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent steak with a great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We went on a Thursday evening. The steak was done perfectly and we had wonderful seats on the deck outside. The service was superb and it was a great evening. I would recommend getting the Tommy Brown steak and splitting it. Very good value. Couple of weird things - - they have a salad bar, but make the point that you can only take one trip. I wonder why they don't just serve a salad instead of going to the trouble to maintain a salad bar? Also, we ordered baked potatoes with sour cream. The sour cream was in a small plastic packet and you got only one. Considering that they are located in the "dairy state", I would have thought that they would have served decent sour cream.
The inside seating looked cramped and dated. I would recommend getting an outside seat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Yummy Food & Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our family group enjoyed a wonderful dinner here in May 2013. There were 10 or 11 of us, all enjoying different menu items, and everyone was satisfied. We love coming to this place! We have been there several times in the past 18 months, and find that the service and quality are consistently excellent. The lakeside dining area I our favorite. We will definitely be back!!!!!

Visited May 2013
illinois
“Very good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The food and specials were very good, but the place itself is a bit old and could use some sprucing up.

Visited July 2013
Ramsey, Minnesota
“Giant steaks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I wanted to take my parents out for a celebration dinner and after reviewing trip advisor, I settled on Porta Vista. I made reservation for 8 and was seated inside. They have a nice deck out front, so if it's a nice day, I would recommend outdoor seating. This is a small mom and pop restaurant and are known for their 32 ounce steaks. I ordered this for 2 and it came with a salad bar for $27.99. Steak was ordered medium and the waitress told us it would take 30 min to cook. 3 couples ordered steak and my dad ordered the cod, which he said was good. The steak was very good and my wife and I had to get a box to go since we couldn't finish it. The only complaint my table had was the salad bar was very small and boring and the lettuce was old. I guess that is why I'm giving them an average rating. Casual wear, shorts and sandles are fine. I go to the Dells every couple of years and I'm guessing I won't be going back. Not a bad place but not wowed either so proceed with that in mind. There are lots of options in the Dells.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere