“Breakfast again at the cook shanty” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 170 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Buffet
Description: Paul Bunyan’s Restaurant welcomes your family to our family. For more than 50 years, the Tonne Family has been opening their doors in Minocqua and Wisconsin Dells to generations of families. Now a Wisconsin tradition, it seems no vacation is complete without at least one visit to Paul Bunyan’s.
Iowa
“Breakfast again at the cook shanty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We ate here again for breakfast on our most recent trip to the Dells. This time, we arrived shortly after opening and were thrilled to see no line and multiple empty parking spaces. Once seated inside, the seven of us got a table to ourselves (sometimes you have to share your table with strangers). The restaurant never got even close to full while we were there. This was on a Sunday morning, fairly early so maybe that's why it wasn't busy.

The food was good, especially the donuts! I regretted later that I didn't buy a bag of the donuts in the gift store to bring home. We were served scrambled eggs, sausages, hash browns, pancakes, donuts, and biscuits and gravy. The only thing I thought was just okay was the pancakes; everything else was great. Our food came out fresh and hot, and the waiter very prompt at getting refills.

We will definitely eat at Paul Bunyan's again; it's become our Dells tradition for breakfast!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lake Geneva
“Tons of good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

All served family style and lots of it ! the line gets long but moves fast , so its worth your wait to experience this. Its like no other but we did this and went back the next morning also ! enough said ?

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite restaurant in the universe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I live 3 hours away from the Dells, and my buddy and I routinely come to the Dells for a day trip just to have breakfast at Paul Bunyan's. They have the best pancakes, sausage and scrambled eggs I've ever had at a restaurant, and it's all you can eat, so it's a great value. You also have to pick up a dozen of their donuts on the way out. They serve them as appetizers for the breakfast meal and everyone loves them.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A little pricy but good food in traditional Dells atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

As a kid I have pictures of eating here with my parents and not much has changed over the few decades. I do not mean that as a bad thing as I like how I can take my kids to the newest latest and greatest water parks with all the technology and stuff while taking them to a place the reminds me what the dells are really about and have some good comfort food. Yes, I will admit for the food quality and selection it is a bit pricy but really what isn’t pricy in the Dells???? I recommend this for at least one meal out while you’re in the dells since it is clean, fast, family friendly and will really remind you of Dells form yesteryear

Visited August 2012
Racine, Wisconsin
“COLD FOOD”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were very disappointed on this visit to PB's. We came in early Oct. 2012...have been here previously. This time our food was served mostly lukewarm...NOT hot and, therefore, disappointing. Servers were pleasant but the temperature of the food did not leave us wanting more. After this experience, I would find another restaurant for breakfast where hot food is served.

• Visited October 2012