“Sides are too big” 4 of 5 stars

+1 608-253-7637
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Double Cut Charcoal Grill & Liquor Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 167 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Madison, Wisconsin
“Sides are too big”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We love the ambiance and the Tuna appetizer. Food is good but portions are too big specially the sides - they should offer a smaller option for sides.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Double Cut Charcoal Grill & Liquor Bar, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hi Christian. Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the ambiance and the Tuna Tartare appetizer. Thank you for the input regarding our side portions. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you back again soon!

“Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were told to stop and stay at kalahari resort. When we went in Corrine stopped us and was telling us about Double Cuts. We went in and Corrine waited on had prime rib and Ribeye. AWESOME!! BEST EVER!! I would totally recommend Double Cuts! !

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Double Cut Charcoal Grill & Liquor Bar, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hi Lisa, I am so happy to hear that you gave Double Cut a try during your stay with us at Kalahari Resort. The Prime Rib & Rib eye are definitely the way to go considering we are known for our delicious cuts of meat. Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!
Brunswick, Georgia
“Unexpected & Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Double Cut is not your typical Wisconsin Dells restaurant; a decided lack of "woodsy" decor, and the least amount of fried food menu offerings we saw during our visit...nice! The restaurant was a bit of a drive for us, as we were staying on the other side of town, and the location at the Kalahari is definitely on the fringes, but we were looking for something different, so we went for it.

We sat at the bar and ordered some drinks; a nice Cab for my other half, and a Malbec for me. Neither one was stellar, but decent for the price point, (yes, I am a California wine snob) and the location...we have not found many of the wine labels we are used to here in WI. The atmosphere was pleasant, and the bar/restaurant was busy enough to make people watching enjoyable :)

I ordered the Lobster Mac & Cheese, and was blown away by the amount of Lobster in it: fresh, perfectly cooked, and in large chunks. Claw, tail and body meat were easily identifiable. The Mac & Cheese part of the dish was good, but I would have loved it if it had been made with Lobster stock. Instead, it was simply a nice, standard Mac & Cheese, with the Lobster mixed in. I did REALLY appreciate the willingness of the kitchen to forgo the garlic breadcrumbs on top for me, as many other places are either unable, or unwilling, to.

My husband had the Oysters Rockefeller; an order of six fat oysters in the traditional style. He really enjoyed them, but mentioned that they were a tad difficult to eat, due to their very large size. He did not leave any...

Service was prompt, friendly and efficient, and we would recommend a visit to anyone in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the to fill out a review on your recent visit to Double Cut. We appreciate the traveling across town just to dine with us. We appreciate the kind words about dealing with what you had ordered. The Lobster Mac n Cheese, filled with a ton of fresh lobster is one of those entrees that I continue to crave as the week progresses. I am glad to hear that the rest of your experience was well, from the service to the staff. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

To celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary we decided to try Double Cut Charcoal Grill. I have to say the total experience was fantastic and just made our day a lot better. Our server Candice was very helpful in explaining the menu and taking care of us. Adam the Manager in charge stopped by numerous times to make sure we were well taken care of and everything was to our liking. My wife had Prime Rib and I had the Stuffed Shrimp. Both were excellent choices. Once again thanks again to Double Cut for making our experience special.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Double Cut Charcoal Grill & Liquor Bar, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for choosing Double Cut Grill to celebrate your 35th Wedding Anniversary. I am so pleased to hear that your experience was fantastic and that it was a beautiful evening. I will pass along your notes about Candice and Adam to make sure they get recognition. The prime rib and stuffed shrimp are my two favorite options at Double Cut. Thank you again and we hope to see you back with us again soon!
Wisconsin Dells
“Excellent service, excellent food and drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

So nice to have another high end option in this town. Love the crab nachos. My favorite. Out of this world. Service is fabulous. This will remain on one of our favorites. Great job!

Thank you for the great review. We pride ourselves in providing the best for our guests. From our food to our service, we love to impress. Thank you for trying Double Cut and thanks again for the review.