“Sandbar Good time and a block away from downtown.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Lombard
“Sandbar Good time and a block away from downtown.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great bar and reasonable prices. Very good bar food and kid friendly. Bartenders are friendly and plenty of TVs to watch sports. Overall best bar in the Dells.

• Visited June 2013
Joseph M, Owner at Sand Bar, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of Sand Bar! We truly appreciate everyone that walks thru our doors! Sand Bar takes great pride in our service and quality of food and it's comments like yours that makes it all worth it! Thank you again and hope to see you on your next trip to the Dells!

88% Recommend
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Unexpected - best bar in Dells”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went to Sand Bar because my friend knows some staff. I would never have found it on my own - it is set back from the Dells strip by about a block. Extensive selection of specialty beers and a wall full of top-shelf bottles. Recommended!

Visited May 2013
Joseph M, Owner at Sand Bar, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your review of Sand Bar, very happy you enjoyed yourself! As you saw, we love beer! Eighty new craft beers have been added this month! I would love any comments you might have, always looking to improve,contact us at sandbardells.com. Again, thank you and please come see us again!
Bloomington, Illinois
“Dive bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Seeing this place in the top 10 list of places to eat in the Dells, the last thing I expected was a dingy dive bar. In hindsight, we probably should have gone elsewhere after walking in and seeing the joint but it wasn't a horrible experience. Friday lunchtime the place was empty aside from 2 locals sitting at the bar. The place could use a good cleaning and the bathrooms were scary. On the good side, the gentleman working was extremely polite and the food was decent. I'm not sure how it is ranked in the top 10 and I doubt we'd head back unless it underwent a bit of an overhaul.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Joseph M, Owner at Sand Bar, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your honest review, we do take to heart what each review has to offer and do our best to always improve! Our building is eighty years old and we have kept the original flooring,some at first look believe it's dirty, it's not, we love the nostalgia! I will pass your comments to our cleaning staff, thank you! I would love to hear any other comments, contact me at sandbardells.com. Thank you!
lake delton wis
“a little piece of key west”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Where else in the Dells can you hear Radio Margaritaville at lunch, brought me right back to key west with Jimmy singing in the background. Great atmosphere, great food, great owners. I'm a local and don't get out that much but the Sandbar is the place I really love to be!

• Visited April 2013
Joseph M, Owner at Sand Bar, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Always great meeting and talking with a fellow lover of the Keys! Hopefully we can have further talks over a cold beer and some oysters in Key West itself! Thanks for your kind thoughts and words!
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
“Back Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

If you want some place to go and feel like home and family try the Sand Bar. I hadn't been in for awhile and treated me just great. The food is still great and all the staff where outstanding.

• Visited April 2013
Joseph M, Owner at Sand Bar, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thanks so much, glad to have you back! Hope to have the pleasure of seeing you soon!