“Never Disappointed!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
“Never Disappointed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have a vacation home in Springbrook and my family and friends are always enjoying the Northwoods! They have fairly good food, though I do miss thier old chef.. he was amazing! Friday Fish Fry is supposed to be very good (I don't eat seafood) but thier Prime Rib Special on Saturday is wonderful! The prime rib is actually really good and they've got some great mashed potatoes!

Saturdays in the bar they have karaokee and the guys who run it are awesome! Tip them! They do a great job! It's always a fun time there on a Saturday night. The bartenders there are fabulous! They also have a neat little bar out by the pool that makes some pretty delicious drinks too!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, IL
“Give it a try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This restaurant was a quiet change from the many restaurants in the area. The restaurant is not your typical Dells family restaurant. They do have a children's menu and there were families eating there. The menu has many items including sandwiches and pizza. The prices are moderate. We arrived and were greeted by the hostess who was gracious and seated us in the dining room. It's large and the families were comfortably seated. Our server was Hattie, and she was knowledgeable of the items on the menu. Hattie did not rush us and kept checking on our progress without being obtrusive. We both had the soup of the day, which was a vegetable rice. It was really appetizing. My wife had the coconut shrimp which consisted of four jumbo shrimp that were lightly breaded with coconut. She really enjoyed it. I had the filet and shrimp, and the filet was done exactly the way I ordered it. We opted for dessert and had the banana bread cheesecake. This was really unique, it was like banana bread only soft and creamy. we definitely will return.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodstock, Illinois, United States
“No longer our favorite”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We've been coming to the Dells as seasonal Rv'rs for several years now and taking a golf membership at Spring Brook. The restaurant associated with the grounds is Northwoods Bar and Grill, and was always our go to place for a creative and delicious sandwich, or the Friday Fish Fry or a steak.

We like to eat in the many windowed bright bar area rather than the dim high ceiling dining room - it actually feels more intimate and comfortable in the bar.

I'm very disappointed in the new menu, prices and food preparation. It falls far short of previous years, and we will not eat there again this year. We've brought friends from the campground for dinners. I don't know if it's the new chef or if he's not new, his new menu selections, but the sandwich choice is very reduced and woefully inadequate. The grilled chicken sandwich I had last night was over cooked, lacked flavor and was dry. My companions were not as disappointed in the quality as I, but said they wouldn't bother coming back - it was very average. On an $8 hambuger they charged additional for lettuce and tomato for a hamburger (really???!! - what is this McDonalds?) and although I was assured the "mayo" was "mayo" it tasted like a miracle whip kind of dressing or very cheap bulk mayo. I got the impression that my questioning it was offensive. In all, our experience was not of the quality we had grown used to and expected from Northwoods Grill, and they've lost more than just the two of us as diners.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Litchfield Park, Arizona
“Friday Fish Fry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My wife had the breaded cod for $9.95 and I had the beer battered blue gill for $11.95. You can get all you can eat for $2.00 more, but the regular portions were enough for us. We both liked each preparation, but the blue gill was the definate star. Potatoe pancake side was homemade, but possibly sitting for a while because they were a little soggy, but wonderful flavor. Very nice interior. Only downside was that the service(and water glasses) was spotty.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
“rude service and charged too much on credit card”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had a coupon where kids eat for free so we went out of our way to drive to this restaurant. We were not greated when we arrived, they waitress was very rude. One of the male waiters was very nice that also checked on us but we hardly saw our waitress. The coupons we had said free kids meal with an adult meal, there was not an adult meal under $16.99 and at the restaurant on the menu it said it was a $6.00 max for coupon. Most of the kids dinners were over $6.00. The food was not the best and the service was not good (except scott). After checking the credit card the next day we found that they over charged it by $10.00. We would not return.

• Visited March 2012