“Pretty good cheesecake. Other sweets too. Great downtown location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cheesecake Heaven

Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 167 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Dessert
Chicago, Illinois
“Pretty good cheesecake. Other sweets too. Great downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Downtown Wisconsin Dells needs some props. It's a fun place to park the car and the walk around for a while. There are about 5 blocks on the main street and both sides have touristy shops and attractions such as Ripley's Believe it Or Not, Wizard Quest, Alien Space Invaders and more. Shops sell shirts and clothes and souvenirs. Once you walk around and get an appetite, stop by Cheesecake Heaven for a nice dessert. Their cheesecake is really good. Key lime pie too. Frozen cheesecake on a stick is a nice twist. The kids like the smoothies too.

Visited July 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Ice Cream Rating Only - Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stopped in for ice cream after dinner. Great selection and the brand seemed to be made in Wisconsin which is what we were looking for. We didn't feel rushed in our selections and ate our ice cream there in the cafe's couch area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alton, Illinois, United States
“Not worth the money, couldn't get my order right”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

So for the type of food we got it was extremely over priced 2 kids grilled cheese and 2 adult sandwich's with bagged chips shouldn't cost $40. Plus I had someone waiting on me that did not hardly seal English he stared at me to let me know he was ready to take my order. He then git a little help from another young girl who didnt want to waste her time with taking orders. They finally got my order written down correctly then it was wrong and they forgot half of it. I asked where my soup was to which she said let me grab it then brought me back the wrong soup. I didn't even bother to correct it with 2 crabby babies and a 9yo who didn't want to be.there plus a husband who wanted to eat somewhere else to begin with.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Great cheesecake cupcakes, decent lunch, bland service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stopped here for lunch and were first very underwhelmed by the service. It took us asking about the sandwich options for us to even get a "hello" or "here's a menu". Perhaps the cashier was a greenhorn, but she was timid and not a great fit for a front-desk/customer service role. A black-shirted woman, who I presume was a manager, was a little better at helping us out.

The food itself wasn't too bad, but it was pricey for what you get. My chipotle chicken and bacon dish was good despite being very greasy, which is fairly understandable given the meats. A big peeve was that corn was in the meal, despite not mentioning that anywhere on the menu. My partner was happy with her spinach and artichoke meal, but her son didn't really enjoy his Italian melt. Group-wise, it was pretty mixed on our feelings. On the bright side, there was complimentary vanilla biscotti which was quite good.

The cheesecake-filled cupcakes were awesome, although a little expensive. I find normal cupcakes are often just bland bread with a small amount of frosting, so having them stuffed with cheesecake was terrific.

Atmosphere-wise, this place is pretty generic. It could just as easily be an office area filled with cubicles as it could be a cafe. They could use some more decorations or some type of quiet music in the background to help solidify a theme. If there was something that really "wow"ed me about the atmosphere, I could see the prices being more worthwhile.

Unfortunately, the service sticks out most sorely to me, with price as a close second. For nearly the same price, we had a wonderful dinner down the road later that evening at Taste of New Orleans. Not once did someone come out to ask how our food was, and maybe that's too much to expect from a cafe-type place. I don't think anyone said a goodbye, or a "have a nice day" or anything on our way out either. If you're going to come here, just grab a small sweet to go and hope that your service is better than ours was.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Normal, Illinois, United States
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Lots of choices which was good. I got breakfast quesadillas and husband got ham, egg, cheese, cream cheese roll up that was delicious! Of course we got a piece of cheesecake to take back to hotel for later!!!

Visited June 2013