“Food poisoning...Crabby's is truly "Crappy"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crabby's

Crabby's
400 County Road A, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965-9651 (Formerly Crabby's All You Can Eat Seafood & More)
+1 608-253-2722
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #137 of 170 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Dells Best Seafood! Featuring a great selection of fish and seafood, Prime Rib and Steaks! Kids have lots of fun playing Pirate while the Adults enjoy their meals. Animated Pirates also join in the Fun!
Pine River, Wisconsin, United States
“Food poisoning...Crabby's is truly "Crappy"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is not funny. I called the Sauk County Public Health Dept to file a report (I guess it will be investigated by the state). We went there on July 6 (It was 100F outside). We waited for drinks for 10 minutes at the bar...and didn't get one...the lobster pager was cute...the bar area was very hot...I went in to the restaurant to see if it was this hot cuz we'd leave if it was. The food was very (frozen style) very unimpressive...the crab salad looked runny...the sweet and sour sauce was definitely watered down...I steered clear...I had half a plate..in disappointment for 19.99 My daughter and boyfriend had a lot of seafood, popcorn shrimp, swordfish, crab salad, pickled herring, and mussels...He awoke around 5am with uncontrollable diarrhea and severe abdominal pain followed by vomiting..he is still not feeling well..My daughter had diarrhea for two days and stomach pain. It smelled like garbage where we were sitting...by the server curtain. My two sons had fried chicken and fries. The staff cannot speak very good English either..so communication is a bit of a problem. Ruined a great vacation. You'd think for a place catering to a child's theme..the food should be SAFE!!!! as well as for the PUBLIC HEALTH!!!!!

Visited July 2012

Sterling Heights
“I wish we checked the reviews before eating here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

As my family and I were coming from an amusement/waterpark we noticed the restaurant name: Crabby. Since the kids were tired, my husband went in to check it out and to see if it would be a good place to eat the next day. The owner encouraged my husband to come in and take a look around. The owner explained that it's an all you can eat buffet and provided him with a menu price. The owner explained that they open at 4pm daily and welcomed for him to come back to eat. My family and I came back the next day (Sunday, July 8, 2012) at 9:15pm immediately after leaving the water/amusement park. We were greeted at the door by the owner and manager. We were seated immediately. Our waitress, Lemoya B. came over and took our drink order delivered them. I noticed that other kids in the restaurant had a pirate hat, so I asked if the waitress could give my kids (3 and 4 years old) a hat as well while they were eating. While I was heading back to the buffet, I noticed that the staff was taking the food away (salad bar and other food). I came back to the table to tell my husband that they were taking the food away and we only been in the restaurant for 15 minutes OMG. We spoke to the owner, who apologized and said the staff is tired and ready to go home. The restaurant opened at 4pm, it was just 9:30pm and the staff was tired, really??? The owner offered to go in the back and fix another plate. I advised that this was a buffet style and we wanted to fix our own plate. The owner had the staff roll the cart back out with some of the food (some didn't have utensils so we had to dump out the portion on our plates. When I went back to the table I tried to move the drink menu and wind up spilling my water on the table, floor, and myself. Note, the waitress only came to our table once to deliver the drinks. We waited and waited until we asked another waiter to find our waitress. She came over and said, I didn't forget about you. That's strange but you would have thought she would have come to check on us or to see what is going on. I advised her that I spilled some water and I needed some extra napkins. She came back over with an excessive amount of napkins. She stepped over the water and did not clean it up. In fact the owner or manager saw the straw on the floor and picked it up; however, they too did not clean up the water off the floor which was a safety hazard. By the way the kids still did not receive their pirate hats when the waitress gave us the excessive number of napkins. At this point it was 9:45 and majority of the food was removed from the buffet. I understand that the restaurant closed at 10:00pm; however, no food should be removed from the station. All the owner had to say was normally people get their salads first before their meal. If it's a buffet, I can get my salad first, last, one time or four times during my visit. When I shared our bad experience with the owner, his reply was, well didn't you get enough to eat? Actually the food was taken away only after being in the restaurant for 15 minutes and some of the food was not that great. If you normally shut down earlier, that should have been explained to us that the food is taken away at 9:30pm 30 minutes before the restaurant closes and let your customer decided whether they want to patronize your business not take their money and decide oh well the one plate you made is enough because the staff wants to go home.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Algona, Iowa
“TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Seafood buffet...what a freaken joke. If you want crab legs you have to pay $10 extra. The food was cold and nasty. It's called Crabby's for a reason, that's how you'll leave.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Better than we thought it would be..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Since the Market Buffet changed their buffet menu without their advertising and we didn't want to give them our business after years of visiting, we found Crabby's. At the front door we asked about their crableg specials although they were not all you can eat the price per lb was fair $9.99 . The owner was upfront and honest, and that is appreciated in todays economy, so we decided to stay. The staff was very friendly and efficient, some of the items were typical buffet fare but others were very good and homemade tasting. The smoked salmon and herring very fresh tasting, and the shrimp alfredo was creamy and flavorful. Their was a nice variety of fish and good fried shrimp we really liked the buttery herbed potatos. It was clean and had a really nice decor with an outside patio.

Seems the owners take pride in their establishment too bad there aren't more of them in the Dells. I'm afraid the Dell's in going down the drain. Good Luck to Crabby''s

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Moline, Illinois
“I would not ever eat here unless it changed owners and was completely redone and i got a free meal for 6 to prove it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The bartender at the front was working his butt off and impressed me at first. it was $20 per adult for a seafood buffet with crab legs an additional $10 per pound. if the buffet was good i wouldn't have been mad. I ate one plate and only did that to be polite to my buddy who was paying. anything taco bell, Mcdonalds are way better dont just trust me read the reviews.

Visited July 2012