“MICE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kings Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Kings Inn Motel
You added Kings Inn Motel to your Saves list
31 Whitlock Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI   |
Ranked #69 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“MICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We went during the weekend of automation. Price was cheap compared to the others, so we went and got a room.
Didnt look that bad at first.
As we were sitting on the bed we saw a mouse.
I know this was a cheap motel but for sure it shouldn't have had mice!!!
We ignored it. Then me and fiancee saw more mice running from the ledge to the other side of the room. We heard them in the ceiling maybe it was squirrels but at this point we assumed it was mice. I started inspectingbthe bed sheets and saw mice poop on the corners of the sheets!! I EVEN TOOK PICTURES!! I iMMEDIATELY went to get our money back. The old guy said there was no mice, he called me a liar.
I ended up getting my money back and went to a different motel had to pay more for it but it was well worth it.. BAD HORRIBLE.. DONT STAY THERE!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have stayed in hotels around the world ranging from amazing to really bad and this one ranks in the top 3 worst, primarily due to an unsanitary carpet and a room that reeked of pet urine. This was Room 8, it was the last room, and there is a chance the other rooms are not as bad, and the cottage on the outside looked pretty cute. The sheets in this room were clean and the bathroom was clean and it had lovely pine paneling with a vintage appeal. However, the odor was horrible and the 5--count 'em FIVE--car deodorizers (the little tree shaped thingies that hang from rear view mirrors) placed strategically around the room only made the odor problem worse (maybe if they had used New Car Smell instead of coconut...) that was obviously originating from the hardened, crusty carpet with more stains than unmarked spots. We should have tracked down the owner--some communication/language issues, but nice-- and asked for a refund but everything was sold out and so we stayed. Big mistake. I was queasy from inhaling the air the next day and we had to cut our visit to the Dells short. This was so disturbing and unsanitary that in retrospect, we would have been much better off sleeping in our car instead.

Room Tip: If you stay here insist on any room but 8
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Freeport, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Ok...so we knew this place was NOT going to be a glamorous resort. The Wisconsin Dells Visitor's Bureau listed it as a "Classic Motel" so we knew to expect just the basics. They are also listed as a "Dog-Friendly Motel" so we were able to bring our Chow-Chow/Lab mix along. Upon our arrival, we were warmly greeted by the Host and his wife who were tending the beautiful flowers surrounding the property. Although their Slavic-accents were a little difficult to understand, we were able to decifer what was being said. (It was a little tougher on the phone when placing the reservation.) He usherd us into the office, saying they lived in the house connected to it in the back, so if we needed them just ring the door-bell/buzzer to the right of the door. We settled things with the bill inside, and while my husband filled out the paper-work his wife asked me what we were going to be up to on our trip. I told her we planned to go to Mt. Olympus and already had our passes/wristbands, but she still handed me two $20-dollars off coupons, plus several 25% off "Passport to Savings" Coupons to use at each of our destinations, which really helped a lot! They also reccommended the Moosejaw Pizza Resturant just a block and a half away to go to for dinner, and gave us coupons for that too! Then he led us to the Cottage. We were pleasently surprised! It was basically like a small apartment with a reasonably sized living room area with a cozy couch and fire-place, kitchen complete with dishes and pots & pans for our use, a small table and two chairs in the kitchen which were perfect for eating breakfast, a decent sized bathroom, and a very comfy king-sized bed. Everything was very clean, but you can tell it was an older space that was starting to show some wear. The floor was kinda sloped and settling towards the middle, so the countertop that seperated the kitchen from the living room was not so level, and you kinda had to step up into the bathroom to avoid catching your foot where carpet met tile. The celing light in the middle of the living room was starting to come loose, and we suggested to the Host that it would really benifit as a celing-fan anyway. There are 1-2 windows in each room which provide a lot of natural light and let in cool breezes when opened. Our weekend get-away wasn't a total wash-out, but it did rain and storm a lot while we were there. The roof or windows do NOT leak and the air-conditioner works great. Our plans had to be slightly altered Sat morning, which our Host made suggestions and gave us more coupons so we could get the most out of our day indoors. He apologized about the unavailable indoor pool, saying they were unable to renew their permit for it's use this year. (The pics on their website were from 2011.) This was a minor disappointment since Mt. Olympus has an indoor water-park. Eventhough we didn't plan to spend much time in our room or cottage due to all the activities we had planned, we actually looked forward to our nights of relaxation when our fun was over for the day. And our puppy-girl loved it too! If you can look past the imperfections of this basic motel, I'm sure you will also get a great deal (we only paid $80 per night) and a great place to stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
South Sioux City, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was a first time visitor to the Dells, trying to save money, bringing 5 kids and needed a family suite. The reviews weren't too bad, so we booked the Kings Inn expecting it to be nothing fancy but room for all of us and with a kitchen to save money on meals. Web site shows a pool and picnic area and promises free Wi-Fi. After arriving in the Dells we found no signs for this place anywhere. The GPS could not find it even with the address, employees at a local Dunkin Donuts never heard of it but looked up the phone number for us. We called twice, no answer, goes to voice mail. I ended up going to a liquor/convenience store for directions and finally found it. The office is locked up, you have to ring a buzzer a couple of times before anyone comes. An older man with a thick eastern European accent comes to the door, I stated we were late because we got lost, he then argued with me and told me "No, it is easy to find, sign is on building" basically telling me I DID NOT get lost! He then wanted me to pay for all three nights upfront, we already paid for one prior to arrival, before seeing the room, I said no, then he said "so you only stay one night", I said I wanted to see the room first. Small, rundown, badly in need of repair, electrical outlets were all old, two prong only, couldn't plug in our power strip, phone only makes calls to other rooms, very few cable channels, NO Wi-Fi because the password was "invalid", and the indoor pool was filled with about 6in of filthy sludge water. The "picnic area" showed on the website--a PUBLIC PARK across the street!!! No coupon books, no free water park passes ( we got them from the next hotel we stayed at for the SAME price as this place), when I asked him about coupons he wouldn't even answer me, he acted confused. No offer of a discount for the lack of a pool, internet, or a phone, in fact he was very rude and argued whenever you asked him a question. The furniture looked like they pulled it out of someone's dumpster and my 2 yr old's feet turned BLACK from walking on the carpet!! We couldn't leave fast enough!!!!AVOID!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Kings Inn Motel is the best kept secret in Wisconsin Dells! Their rates are awesome,- unbeatable as far as I've found in Wisconsin Dells.The rooms are fine, and they have a double suite, as well as a Super Awesome Cabin, complete with kitchen, living room, and fireplace, for only around $90 on weekend nights!
There's a BEAUTIFUL garden and deck near the office, and there's a public park with a Playground, Tennis Courts, Basketball Court- Right behind the motel!
Places for grilling, much more quiet than the other places on the 'strip'! Right near a great diner, and walking distance to the Moosejaw Restaurant.
Again, their rates are unbeatable, and it's so much nicer and quieter to stay here! Do yourself a favor, and stay at Kings Inn Motel when you visit Wisconsin Dells!
We'll definitely return, and recommend to all our friends!

Room Tip: The cabin is where it's at!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Motel was run down! Office was closed even after making reservation. When called number on door, the person said "it's gonna be a while befoe get back" We stopped back 2 hours later to the same sign and no one around. As for discount tickets- you can get them at any motel!

• Stayed June 2012
Hartford, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Their cabin is really a small house. Basic, but clean and fine for my husband and me. Would be small for a family, unless the couch pulls out into a bed. Really liked the electric fireplace. Offered free wi-fi too. We have stayed in the past with our dog and appreciate that they accept pets of all sizes/breeds and don't discriminate.

Room Tip: I've never stayed in the motel, only the cabin.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kings Inn Motel? Share your experiences!