“Good food for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 172 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Good food for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We went to the Great Karoo for breakfast on 2 different mornings. The selection was adequate and the food was delicious. The omelet stations was very good as well. They even were able to accommodate my wife's gluten free allergy for bread. It may seem small, but finding restaurants that have gluten free bread is not easy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thanks for dining at the Great Karoo. I am so happy you were both able to find food selections that you enjoyed. We are proud to offer gluten-free bread and accommodate to most food allergies. Take care and we hope to see you again on your next visit.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Mostly from frozen food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We ate supper at the Great Karoo buffet, and it was just average. Most things seemed like they were frozen before being cooked. The desserts were frozen and sorta freezer burned; they had no flavor. The pasta station was awesome though, because the cook made the noodles and sauce while you watched. Many kid-friendly options, and they're not too picky, but I noticed again the food wasn't that great. The mac and cheese was dry-the noodles were orange but there NO sauce. Ick. Most of the meat I had I felt was fatty. Not worth the $22 a person price.

Visited May 2014
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hello. I am saddened to hear about your recent experience at Great Karoo. I can assure you that all of our dishes are fresh and never frozen. We offer a variety of items on our buffets for kids and adults of all ages. I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your meal. I remain hopeful that you will try Great Karoo again in the future on your next visit to Kalahari. Take care.
River Falls, Wisconsin
“Fan-bloody-tastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We love this restaurant. Their buffet is fantastic and the choices are crazy cool!
With picky eaters (my children and I), Great Karoo accommodates us all.

Visited May 2014
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thanks for your review of the Great Karoo. We offer selections for everyone. I'm glad everybody you were with was able to find a few items to their liking. We'll see you on your next visit to Kalahari Resort!
Appleton
“Pricey!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

By far, has the best buffet options when compared to other buffet area especially with waterparks. I've stayed at Wilderness, Great Wolf, and Chula Vista and dined at their buffet restaurant but none of them compared to this place. This was our first visit and we all enjoyed it. My kids loved the options they had specially for dessert! We were the for dinner and they were serving ribs and steak. We all enjoyed the food and the view since you can see the water park from here. Only thing I didn't like is the price. Hate to spend $15 for 8 year old since he usually doesn't eat much but that night he made it worth it. Kids 3 and under were free but the price is the same for all kids above 4! Would go back there again and would definitely take advantage of the age limit since I still have 2 kids that are under 4. The adult price for that night was around $25 which I think was comparable to other parks with the same amenity.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thanks for giving Great Karoo Buffet a visit. We like to be the best so we appreciate your comments on us compared to our competitors. The selection, ambiance, and incredible presentation are just a few reasons why the buffet is a great choice. We hope to see you back again soon. Thanks again.
North Mankato, Minnesota
“Great Breakfast Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

After the last remodel this is now a market buffet. On our last stay we ate there twice for breakfast. It was amazing . The whole family found plenty to eat . And I have some picky eaters.

Visited March 2014
Our buffet offers an incredible selection of food choices for all tastes. I'm glad your picky eaters were able to find something to their liking. After last years renovation, we love how the new atmosphere turned out. Thanks for the review and we'll see you next time.