“BACK AGAIN” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Holiday Shore Campground & Resort
3901 River Rd., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #64 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Racine, Wisconsin
“BACK AGAIN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have gone to Holiday Shores for more years than I can remember. We have always enjoyed our selves and have recommended it to relatives and friends. We now rent a park model as the kids and dogs are gone. We are proud to personally know the owners by name and consider them friends. Remember, you get what you reap. If you are expecting a new building every year go to Wolf Lodge and pay for it. This is Northern Wisconsin woods. It has been there for years. If you go downtown take a look @ the more established stores. They carry a lot of history.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were excited..until we checked in and there was a horrid stench outside the trailer. Dealt with that for 2 days then it was fixed..gray line got disconnected somehow..before we got there. Lost power twice..then they changed out the entire power box. Smoke detector went off daily..why..who knows. Last straw was the lady somewhere in her 40's with curly dark hair in the front office who just thought it was hilarious that the entire back of my van (inside) as well as all of my just dried clothes and myself got SOAKED outside the laundry room By the firetruck that travels around with kids. Even the teenager who worked at the game room was speechless and couldnt believe it! He suggested I complain at the front desk and I was met with a social misfit at the front desk mentioned above who lacked in common courtesy. Up until the rudeness I was willing to overlook it all and give it another shot next year..Not happening!!! We rented the golf cart, rented the boat for 8 hrs, and I will gladly take my money elsewhere thanks to the rudeness! Ny the wsy..this hsppened today and I plan to leave early rather than staythe additional 4 days as planned. Extremely disappointing.

• Stayed July 2013
regina,sask.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked this dump in February for 1 week (7) nights for a rate of $840. and when we got there to check in I was told that we only had it for 6 nights and the rate was $840. After talking to the woman at the desk (she was very nice) she said there was nothing that she can do and I would have to talk to the owner who was out.
we took our key and drove around this VERY crowded campground twice looking for our new park model which they forgot to put a number on. Drove past 2 Hell's Angels sitting outside of a tent drinking beer which made me a little nervous. When we found our trailer and went in there were 2 Old wore out couches that I would let my dog sleep on and the beds weren't made from the previous guests at 3:30 in the afternoon.
My wife said lets get out of here so we went back to the office and the owner Jill was there and before I could say anything she started arguing with me that I wanted only 6 nights for the price of 7. she must have thought that I was extremely wealthy or couldn't count. Jill was the rudest unprofessional person that I have ever met.
In a nut shell the website is way nicer than reality. IT IS VERY CROWDED. THE SWIMMING POOL HAS WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE IN IT TO ENJOY. THE BEACH IS SMALL AND UNKEPT AND THE MARINE IS CROWDED.
The worst part is the owner who I think wrote the book on customer service and didn't like it so she tore it up.
OH and btw she did keep my $140 deposit.
There are nicer places in town for less money as well

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Watertown, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked a water/electric site for July 3 - July 7, 2013 back in April. We decided to cancel on 5/28/13 to get a sewer site at another campground. We have called five times trying to get our deposit refunded (we paid by check). Each time they tell us they will return our call. No Call Back! So today we called again to try to get the refund since we cancelled well within their policy time frame. Today, a woman named Liz (one of the ones who previously said she would call back) hung up on me twice while I was trying to nail down how the money would be returned to me. When my husband tried to call back a small child was put on the phone before he got Liz again. Still no refund!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is the second year I stayed in October at Holiday Shores Campground, while completing the Walk for Easter Seals Wisconsin. In 2011, my daughter and I stayed in the hotel unit. This year my friend, her grandchildren, my daughter and I rented two units. The units are very clean. They are free standing, and each has a different decor. Last year nautical, this year the beach, and my friends was fishing. I like that the units are freestanding. They offer everything any chain hotel offers, except an included breakfast. They also offer an extra, a fire pit outside each unit, which we really enjoyed. There was also a DVD player. Included was admittance to Chula Vista water park for each of us. The price was excellent because it was off-season. After going there the first year, I knew that was where we would stay every year. I'm really glad that they are still open that weekend! By the way, I had no problem with the staff either year. They were even patient with the children and held conversations with them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in the park model #38m. The lodging was clean and spacious for our family of four. The kitchen had everything we needed to make meals, including dish soap and coffee filters. The fridge is full sized. The shower was hot and didn't run out.

There is plenty of storage for everything. The beds in the bedrooms were very comfortable and the air conditioning was awesome! I'd recommend bringing an air mattress instead of using the pull out couch (as is the case with all pull outs). On rainy days, the huge covered deck was very handy.

The campground is very quiet at night, and didn't really wake up until 10 a.m. each day. We had our own boat along and the dock crew was very gracious about helping get our wheelchair-bound parent on board. The obstacle course for the kids was a blast and the pool is heated and a wonderful place to hang out at night. The ice cream at the office is delicious! The teens had fun hanging out in the pool while the younger kids enjoyed the todder pool, the playgrounds and waterfront.

All the staff we encountered were very nice, helpful and courteous. The shower house by the pool was spotless. The 21 Lounge was really nice-all new furniture and good prices on drinks. The kids game room was a little disappointing but with so much else to do, who cares?

Each evening we took part in the organized activities and really enjoyed that as well.

We made use of the Chula Vista passes. It is a nice park for a couple hours for kids 12 and under.

I'd recommend this resort for families with kids of any age, and plan on returning next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stillwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

After reading some of the reviews here I was reluctant to spend time/money here but this is the place my brother picked for a family reunion so what can you do?

Not a big fan of "tenting" so rented a motel unit. The unit was newer, all the amenities of a regular hotel room. Towels, soaps, refridge, maid service... The A/C kept up easily with the 90+ degree weather. Everything very claen, even grill cleaned out. These were especially nice for my "senior" parents who don't "tent" or want the hassle of a trailer. Found an ant here or there but hey, I was camping?? Even better, these are standalone units so you don't hear any neighbors, either side, above or below.

Staff? I read a lot about rude staff. This was where I was confused. Did not encouter one staff member who was less than friendly. Always very helpful, offering to give you a ride up the hill on a golf cart, answering any question you might have. The younger kids at the rental dock worked endlessly cleaning rental boats.

When I did see the staff "put their foot down" it was usually subtly in sign form requsting you not use towels outside the motel unit or for rags. parking in spots that block or things that business owners should be concerned about to keep their business attractive, convenient and profitable. I assume the people who left bad comments here are the ones who like to "buck the system" and make everybody ELSES stay less than enjoyable.

Beach nice, boat slip I got was good. Great access to Dells (city or river)

Bottom line: I LOVED the motel units, entire stay enjoyable. Couldn't find a thing to complain about (OK maybe the bugs but Holiday Shores really can't fix that). This was much better than the reunion 2 years ago where we stayed at the "other" large campground and we will most likely be back.

Room Tip: Tip though, If you get a motel unit don't leave on the outside light. Attracts bugs to the white...