“A Great Upgrade for the Kalahari” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wisconsin Brew Pub

Wisconsin Brew Pub
1303 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (Formerly Damon's Grill)
+1 608-254-1900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #91 of 170 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Wisconsin Brew Pub, a family-friendly dining and drinking destination that celebrates all things Wisconsin. Come experience award-winning ales and lagers combined with the highest quality food. You'll soon be telling all your friends to check out the Wisconsin Brew Pub. Set amid a casual Wisconsin neighborhood tavern atmosphere - great drinks, amazing food, games, fun, and more are all on hand at the Wisconsin Brew Pub. See you and your family at Wisconsin Brew Pub!
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
“A Great Upgrade for the Kalahari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

The Wisconsin BrewPub replaces Damons at the Kalahari Resort. This is an excellent upgrade, as the food is very good. The menu contains many choices, including steaks, burgers, prime rib, and chicken. All entrees ordered were very good, arrived quickly. We are also very pleased with the beer selection. It included many local brews that were enjoyable to try.
I would recommend this as great choice while staying at the Kalahari.

• Visited October 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Wisconsin Brew Pub, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hi Scott, Thank you for taking the time to review the BrewPub. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the menu selection & that your entrees were delivered quickly. We appreciate your recommendation & look forward to seeing you again soon.

“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

We visited here with our two children. The chicken tenders my daughter got were really good and they offered healthy side options for kids. My husband got a beer cheese burger and he said it was amazing and it was cooked perfectly. I ordered a chicken sandwich with avocado and Pico De gallo and it was so good! The chicken breast was shaved off you could tell- not one of those fake fatty breasts you get at some other places. The food came very fast also.
The only drawback was our server had zero personality. She was nice enough but there was just nothing to her.
We will be back next time we visit the Kalahari!

Wisconsin
“great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

great food and local beers. Loved the atmosphere- my daughter raved over her kids cheeseburger and fries. Would definitely return next time we're in the area

Visited October 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Much better than Damon's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

We decided to give Wisconsin Brew Pub a try on our recent visit to the Dells. We really liked the atmosphere when it was Damon's but did not like the food. Wisconsin Brew Pub has better food than Damon's did and some interesting things on the menu. Prices seemed a little high for what we go but I guess that is expected in the Dells.

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Between very good and average...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

But my service provided by Kristina brought it up to a very good. I liked the Wisconsin facts in the entry way. Very cool. The atmosphere was average sports bar. I liked that they sat me facing the giant TV (I was there to watch the Chicago Bears lose.) It was nice to not be treated weird for eating alone- they must get that a lot because of the conference center. The prices here were pretty high especially for the meals. I really wanted chicken and they have one- but it's a WHOLE chicken- meant for two people. Wish they'd have a half or even quarter chicken on the menu. I consider myself very adventurous food wise but a lot of things seemed weird- like something always didn't belong. Trying to have too many Wisconsin items on a plate. I decided to get two appetizers and a dessert instead of a meal.
I got the Bacon wrapped potatoes and pickles with a beer cheese sauce- it was HUGE. The Neuske's bacon is very strong flavored bacon. I should have stopped there.
Then I got the Fondue with veggies and pretzel bread. Not crazy about this, very heavy beer flavor (which is strange because the other app was supposed to be the beer cheese and it didn't taste as strong.) 1/2 of the veggies were undercooked. I usually love Brussels sprouts but there were so hard they were pretty much raw, cauliflower was so hard when I cut into it a piece went flying off my plate onto my lap-covered in cheese :( Then the pretzel bread could have been good but they sliced it in half and toasted it with a grease of some kind- not good!
For dessert I had the Door Country Cherry crisp/crumble. The cherry part was great nice and tart but too much crumble on top! I would have loved a bowl of the cherry stuff with the vanilla ice cream.
My water was always full and Kristina checked on me frequently and didn't rush me. I appreciated that because I wasn't ready to go to my room and wanted to watch the game at least until half time.

• Visited September 2014