“Trust the reviews! Below average food, above average prices!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wisconsin Brew Pub

Wisconsin Brew Pub
1303 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (Formerly Damon's Grill)
+1 608-254-1900
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #124 of 169 restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Wisconsin Brew Pub, a family-friendly dining and drinking destination that celebrates all things Wisconsin. Come experience award-winning ales and lagers combined with the highest quality food. You'll soon be telling all your friends to check out the Wisconsin Brew Pub. Set amid a casual Wisconsin neighborhood tavern atmosphere - great drinks, amazing food, games, fun, and more are all on hand at the Wisconsin Brew Pub. See you and your family at Wisconsin Brew Pub!
“Trust the reviews! Below average food, above average prices!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

First of all you need to know this is not a brew pub. We knew this going in but don't expect a brewery.

My wife came here for dinner and we should have trusted the reviews. The only positive about this place is they have a decent beer selection. Our bartender Blake was very kind and knowledgeable about local beer choices.

As for the food, I had ok chicken wings. They were on the soggy side but had good sauce. My wife had the worst chicken sandwich either of us have ever had and it was $15!!! It was the pepperjack pico chicken sandwich on a gluten free bun. The bun was atrocious. If they are going to offer gluten free options, they have to be better and not stale tasting. Besides that, the ingredients did not taste fresh and the chicken was tough. We also split a cup of chili that was ok but the corn bread it came with tasted like burned popcorn and was extremely hot.

I would come here for drinks but that's about it. Based on the reviews, they need to get their act together fast. Unless they just plan on catering to the kalahari tenants who don't want to look elsewhere.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Wisconsin Brew Pub, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Justin. I apologize for the experience and service you received during your visit to Wisconsin Brew Pub. That is normally not how we run things here. I also apologize for the food quality you received. That is unacceptable and we try to keep Brew Pub up to the highest standards. I remain in high hopes that you will dine with us again so that you can get the experience you deserve. Again, I am really sorry. Take care.

30% Recommend
Amherst, Wisconsin, USA
“Sad to see all the bad reviews. Our food was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I ordered Prime Rib and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and they were both very delicious. My wife had a Wisconsin Fish Fry and also loved it. We have eaten here twice since it changed from Damons and have enjoyed our meal each time before and after the switch. It is expensive but I'm not seeing all the hate. Hopefully some more good reviews will get posted on here.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Wisconsin Brew Pub, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi Justin. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. I am happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your meals. Thank you for being such loyal customers before and after the restaurant upgrade. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon. Take care!
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Sagging and Salmon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

BBQ salmon was great, other than that not much else was good. Rice was cold, broccoli was still frozen in the middle. Had to ask for bread, which was supposed to come with the meal. To top off a marginal meal, I got to sit next to a kid that should have just worn underwear to the restaurant, His pants were sagging to the mid thigh area where they were belted to his legs. I was essentially having dinner next to a guy sitting at the bar in his underwear! Not too appetizing. They need to establish a reasonable dress code and stick to it. It would have been better to sit next to a guy in swimming trunks, at least that is proper dress for a waterpark!

Visited May 2014
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Wisconsin Brew Pub, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hi Kelly. I am very sorry to hear about your experience at Brew Pub. With the rice and broccoli not being up to par, I hope we were able to correct that for you while still in the restaurant. I am also sorry to hear about the gentleman who did not follow our dress code. Next time, let a manager know and we can take care of the situation for you. Thank you for trying Brew Pub and I remain in hopes that you will give us a try again soon. Take care!
Carlton, Oregon
“worst resturant in wis”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Wis brew pub, uncooked burgers, asked for medium cooked, bad chicken, had been cooked in same oil for a week, one of your party got sick on salad, I question competence of cook
could not get server to put hockey game on one of the many tv;s in the room

Hello. I am really sorry to hear about your recent experience at Wisconsin Brew Pub. I can assure you that all of our food is cooked fresh and thoroughly. I am also sorry to hear about the hockey game situation on the TVs. We are happy to change the channel for you. If this arises again, please ask to speak to a manager. Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and I hope to see you back soon.
Germantown, Wisconsin
“We enjoyed this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My family and I ate here 2x during a stay last week. First night we had just snacks, Burger sliders, cheese curds, and Cheese fondu. We really liked all 3 very much. The sliders were so good the next visit I ordered a Fried egg bacon cheeseburger. It was awesome. I eat these burgers everywhere and this was defiantly one of the better ones. My wife had the irish potatoes with meatballs and it was awesome. I also tried the beer cheese soup which again I have ate many places. And I again i would say it was one of the better once I have had. I liked they had $3.00 tallboys as I am not too in to the "fancy" beers. It appears we had a completely different experience than the other reviewers. Our service was fine although we also eat at non peak hours.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the awesome review. I am happy to hear that our burgers and beer cheese soup are some of the best you've tasted. The $3 tall boys are a big hit and I'm so glad that you enjoy taking advantage of that special as well. Thanks again for the awesome review and we'll see you at Brew Pub on your next trip to Kalahari Resort.