“dells stopover” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Kenosha
“dells stopover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The breakfast bar was the best part of the stay. That and the TV, once I'd programmed it to skip channels with nothing on them but loud snow, were very nice. The noise level was extremely high, and not because anybody was being especially loud, but it seemed as though sounds from the hall were actually being piped into our room. The staff member that checked us in was nice, but the fellow that I had to chase down to check out seemed harried and overworked. The room was clean enough, though a layer of dust seemed to have settled since the last occupant, and there were cobwebs over the bathroom sink. Speaking of the bathroom sink, the faucet was backward so that every time I'd put my hand in for cold water, I'd get scalded. Not a pleasant surprise. The WiFi worked fine - we didn't even have to put in a password, which I found odd since the pamphlet in the room gave us a password to use. The bed seemed a bit worn, but I slept well on it and my husband did the first night. Oh, and I was very surprised how small the room was - we had a king sized bed which extended to a point beyond the clothes hanging on the rack on the wall. Luckily I'm not a large person or I might have found that a problem. I hope this helps. Thanks for asking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Nowthen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stay here for one night stays on weekends I drop my son off to see his dad. Very clean, convenient. Prefer the 3rd floor because most quiet. Very nice, professsional front desk. Very good breakfast which is included.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was the third time we stayed at this hotel, and will likely be the LAST time. This stay was for 3 nights. It is your basic "budget" hotel, but it is in serious need of some upgrades/renovations.

The rooms are small, with the "old" type TV's. When channel surfing, the guide doesn't do much justice, because at least a dozen channels are "missing" (static). My guess is that the hotel USED to have those channels, but has cut back on their cable service.

The shower head is mounted at the top of the shower surround, which is unfortunately at a height of about 5 1/2'. So, taller guests have to contort in order to use the shower. The water pressure is acceptable, however. The sink does not drain fast, but that is mostly due to the design of the sink, I believe. Our sink also did not "hold" water - the drain did not shut tightly.

The pool and whirlpool are at acceptable temperatures, but there is paint/lining peeling from the bottom of the pool. The drains/grates are also VERY sharp, so be careful.

We did NOT receive housekeeping between the 1st and 2nd night, only between the 2nd and 3rd night. And the "new" sheet on the bed had a noticeable spot on it - somewhat gross.

This hotel is one of the most reasonable in the Dells ($46-50/night), but it turns out there are reasons for that. We will probably not be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Wisconsin Dells

Address: 800 County Highway H, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Wisconsin Dells
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #47 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Wisconsin Dells 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Wisconsin Dells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Wisconsin Dells Hotel Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin Dells Super Eight
Wisconsin Dells Super 8
Super Eight Wisconsin Dells

If you own or manage Super 8 Wisconsin Dells, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.