My friends and I stayed at this location on Monday night. I chose the location because it was close to Pirates Cove Mini Golf. I had stayed there also years ago when it was a Days Inn, so I knew the location. The outside of the building is okay, my friends checked us in and we had to climb stairs to our room (what, no rooms on the first floor?). Our room was spacious, but smelled musty and closed up. The air conditioning unit for the room was outdated and needed to be replaced as our room did not get cool even though I had the thing turned up. The room was so muggy and musty. The room was pretty clean - at least appeared that way. There were some stray hairs on the bathroom floor and the shower could be cleaned better (none of us used the shower). The beds were pretty comfortable although the pea green bedspreads left something to be desired. Our room had a fridge, which was nice, but there didn't seem to be enough electrical outlets. There was a lamp in the room that we couldn't use because it wasn't near an outlet. The door didn't seem to close properly - it locked but it didn't seem securely - so we had the safety locks closed to ensure our safety. The outside windows could really use a wash - ours looked like someone threw milk on the window.
We all figured though for the $50 that we paid for the night we were getting what we paid for. The breakfast room was smelly (like sour milk) and the choices were nothing to write home about but they weren't bad either. The funny thing was, when my friends checked out , the front desk agent said that they were a Renovated Econo Lodge, but I didn't see anything that resembled a renovated of anything. Let's just say the next time I go to the Wisconsin Dells, I'll fork out more money. If the hotel would put some money into new bedding, new air conditioning and fixing up the place, they could get a lot more money per night. My friend said he did enjoy all the cable channel selections :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Econo Lodge in Wisconsin Dells, conveniently located off Interstates 90 and 94, the Econo Lodge® in Wisconsin Dells, WI, offers easy access to attractions like Mt. Olympus Waterpark and Wisconsin Ducks, a guided land and water tour of the Wisconsin River. This Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin hotel is also near Wisconsin Deer Park, Timber Falls Adventure Park and Trapper’s Turn Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Choice Hotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Of Wisconsin Dells Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Days Inn Hotel Wisconsin Dells