“Dirty, unsafe & rude staff.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells

You added Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2504 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, 944 US Highway 12, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (Formerly Days Inn of Wisconsin Dells)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #68 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
Wheeling, Illinois, United States
“Dirty, unsafe & rude staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed around 4th of July weekend. Overall horrible stay!!! We waited 1 hour and a 1/2 to check in & any parents with a 2 year old know that 1 and a 1/2 hours to check in is equal to 3 hours with a screaming toddler in your arms. It was hot in the lobby & no where to sit and wait. There were only 2 families in front of us. So why this lady took FOREVER to check us in is beyond me. The staff was obviously not trained properly. The front desk lady was so rude! & Could careless if we had questions/concerns. We stayed right by a side door and let me tell you, the LOCK WAS BROKEN, We let them know at the front desk but of course she did nothing about it So because of this some drunk bimbo's walked right into the hotel/side door where our room was & they were trying to get into our room!!! We called the front desk right away & when i told them the situation they said okay & asked to put me on hold! ARE YOU KIDDING ME. A drunk tried to get into a room where my family & son were sleeping & you put me on hold? This place in a joke. ALSO. My father wrote a letter 2 weeks later to the management of this Hotel, explaining all this & no response. . .it's been 7 months. Disappointed & will never stay here again. EVER.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Colgate, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Sheets were filthy no towels in our room, just a dirty washcloth when we checked in at 11:30 at night. When we got new towels they smelled funny I don't think they were clean. Used bandaid on the disgusting bathroom floor. Dusty was not vacuumed. I stayed at a truck stop that was better than this place. Hair in our bed. Just gross. Brown stain on mattress and brown splatter on ceiling (murder scene possibly???) DO NOT STAY AT THIS FLEA BAG HOTEL.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

First vacation that my boyfriend and I had planned on our own, thought we were getting a deal with this place, We will never do that again. I would rather pay more and have a nice room. The bed was not neatly made, there were DEAD mosquitos on the wall, stains on the curtains, bed was uncomfortable. Toilet was moldy, shower looked dirty, bathroom completely outdated. Asked for towels it took 3 hours to finally get them (which I was nervous about using in the first place). When the young housekeepers came around to collect garbage they knocked twice, and even though I said I was coming to answer the door, they just walked right in. Oh, and outside pool looks like a pool for a prison....We went to the continental breakfast, which was horrible. No one was watching over it to bring more food. And it had not even been open very long. It was all messy. There were a lot of disappointed customers that were hungry. Ended up going to eat somewhere else.
I guess you live and you learn, we made the best out of it anyway and had fun but I would not stay here again. Take the bad reviews into consideration...at first I thought people were over exaggerating. Definitely not the case.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hugo, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went to Wisconsin Dells for a romantic weekend, and decided to stay here because I have stayed at this hotel in the past. We got to our room and the bed wasn't made so they changed us to another room. Bedding was dirty. Top blanket had stains, and the sheets didn't fit the bed. The entire room was very dusty, and not vacuumed. The coffee pot was dirty and dusty. The bathroom was dirty, floors, tub and toilet were horrible. Mold in the toilet, and hair all over the bathroom. Continental breakfast was not good. We had to go to Denny's to eat. The front desk guy was very nice.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit

Been to Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!