“I should have listened to the reviews i read and picked another hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells

You added Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2504 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, 944 US Highway 12, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (Formerly Days Inn of Wisconsin Dells)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #71 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
ldybug252000
“I should have listened to the reviews i read and picked another hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

The bathroom sink had crap in it, there was no remote in the first room we were in, they must have been low on towels becuz there was like two... total..

They charged me twice, (then refunded 1), and when i metioned it to the desk girl she told me i was mistaken because there was no way they would double charge--until i pulled up my bank view online and showed her the totals were pending twice on my account. Then she said strange.. never seen it happen before.. then the next day when i was switching rooms another person was up there complaining about the same thing! Ha never happens huh??

The guy on the second day was yelling and cursing out somone on the phone while i was wating to get the other room key the second day, then he hung up on them.

The final straw was i left something in the room, and was told it wasnt there a few hours after i checked out.. The funny thing is i remember exactly where it was, becuz i was goin to make another trip in quick to get it but i forgot to after finally getting the van loaded. She was very rude in telling me that i didnt leave anythin and housekeeping didnt find anything.

My next stay would have to be comp before i would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you for your response. We will use your comments and constructive criticism to make your future stay better at our hotel. I apologize in behalf of my staff and myself for less then satisfactory experience you had at our hotel. We are working everyday to improve our selves to help each of our guest with a satisfactory experience. If there is anything else we can do to make it right, please give me us a call at 608-254-6444.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Roselle, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I had read all the reviews before I booked our stay. I decided, well to see and give them a chance, plus the price was cheap too. First thing we noticed was the trash cans in the room was not cleaned..Stiil have the cans of soda left by the previous people who stayed in the room. The sheets were clean but had stains on them. The toilet was rocking back and forth when you sat on it. For some reason , the a/c would not cool the room at nite. I kept getting up just to start it up again. The jet stream for the pool spa was out of order.

The only thing I liked about the hotel was the location. It was really close to all the stores and restaurants that you needed to go to.

Merrill, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Yes, I read the reviews ahead of time and thought that perhaps they were being too critical. So I gave them a shot. Yes, it's cheap. But here you don't even get what you pay for. You would expect a clean room. Not going to happen. There was mold on my shower curtain which means either they don't change curtains between guests or they folded it wet and put it up with mold on it. Either way--quite gross. I alerted the desk of this and it took a day to get it changed. Then, I found a coffee stir stick on the middle of the floor when I walked in. No excuse for this. Also, I found a t-shirt on the floor behind the lamp, thought it way my son's or husband's and threw it on their pile of clothes. When we went to pack, they said it was neither of theirs. That just solidified the fact that the place was not clean and it was disgusting to think that perhaps the sheets weren't changed. I really have no confidence in the cleaning of this hotel. Seriously, don't ignore the reviews on this one. While I had no bedbugs, which many reviews said they had, it was not good here. The breakfast area was filthy, the halls were dirty, the whirlpool didn't work well (they had to hit the motor a few times to make it work--what is up with that?). The people were friendly enough but that doesn't outweigh the lack of cleanliness. It might be cheap but it's not even worth what you pay for this place. Stay away!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I wouldn't stay here again even if free. Bread in the breakfast room had mold growing on it.
Keys didn't work and the lock couldn't even be replaced by maintenance. Who told us he replaced 30 In two weeks. Overworked staff and understaffed front desk.

Room Tip: East Hwy 16 in private moteld
Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I too wished I'd checked TripAdvisor before our stay here but we were "flying by the seat of our pants" so I selected the hotel from the Wisconsin Dells brochure. Hot tub was broken. A/C was broken in our room and only worked part time. Free internet had a terrible connection and only worked part time. I had to get my husband up in the morning to turn on the shower for me as the knob was so hard to pull. We tried to enjoy the free breakfast but it was in a converted room with barely any seating and the people there acted as if they hadn't eaten in weeks. The guy that checked us in the previous evening was the same one there early the next morning. He was clearly overworked. I did not however have any issues with cleanliness.

Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

After reading the reviews before our stay I thought I would give it a chance because they had recently renovated. Well I should have never taken the chance.
The bedding was stained, the hot tube wasn't working, the outdoor pool was not cleaned the entire time we were there (4 days), the AC unit in our room was super loud and broke 1/2 way through are stay, and the service was very unprofessional.
The only good thing about the stay was the free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We booked the Days Inn for one night as a last minute decision to add a night to the beginning of our stay. It was one of the cheapest options that had rooms available. The layout of the Days Inn is very awkward. The room we stayed in the window was right level with the parking lot and all the way in the back. Behind the building was a shed and some junk, including a few old mattresses. We found that odd. We got to the hotel around 3pm and asked the front desk if it was possible for us to check in early (we never do this, and never would except that it was off season and we wanted to check in before going to do stuff.) After barely making eye contact with us, the front desk girl told us no. That was fine. When we came back later the front desk guy was very nice and helpful, although it took about 15 minutes to check in because he was doing 5 things at once.

As far as the room: you can tell they are trying to update them. The carpet looked newer and the desk and dresser looked new. The king sized bed was somewhat hard. The bathroom is TINY and the small sink is located outside of the bathroom. But as a place to sleep, it does its job.

The location is good. Close to restaurants, minigolf, and even walking distance to downtown.

You get what you pay for so we can't complain. I probably wouldn't stay here again because the layout of the hotel just didn't make me feel very safe, but that's just my paranoia.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!