“Much BETTER than what past reviews led us to think :D” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells

You added Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2504 Wisconsin Dells Parkway, 944 US Highway 12, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (Formerly Days Inn of Wisconsin Dells)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #70 of 79 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Much BETTER than what past reviews led us to think :D”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Every site I checked to find reviews of this place came up with tons of negatives, so we were nervous to book. But when we got there, we were pleasently surprised! This hotel was very well priced, the staff was so friendly, and the whole place is very clean and has obviously been redone and revamped! The pool area had a lot to offer: a pool, hot tub, suana, and tanning beds; which were all clean as well. The breakfast area was kept clear and had several options for breakfast. Our room was very clean, had a good view, and we got it for a great deal. We did find the layout of the rooms a bit different, but it offered a little more privacy and the flights of stairs are not long at all. We were just looking for a cheap place to stay because of all the other attractions in the Dells costing so much, and we came away very satisfied customers!

Room Tip: HotelGuides and check everyday to get best deal!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you for your comments. If there is anything we can do please give me us a call at 608-254-6444.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Got into the hotel without any problems. My daughter was asleep and I had big luggage was we were staying here as part of a longer trip. Got a room on second floor and to my dismay, found that there is no elevator. That was not much of a problem. Got my stuff and my family into the room. First shock was that someone used the restroom and did not flush. It seemed that the room was not freshened from the previous customer stay. Also, by the looks of it, the bathroom maintenance was not regular, as the pot had black stuff all over inside it. Then picked up phone to let the guy at the front desk know about the problem and the phone was not working. tried to run on the lights. Only 1 light out of 5 lights was working. Had to again walk down to let them know that bathroom was not clean and the lights were not working. The front desk person said that he will get a replacement phone and lights. After waiting for half hour, I went down again to find the status of my request as no one came to my room with new phone. He calmly said that he could not find the replacement for phone. Then I want to the room and took out all the electronics like Camcoder, Camera, Cell phone, Laptop etc to charge. Another problem. All the plug point sockets were loose and the wires would not stay. I had to choose what I wanted to charge as only couple of sockets were good. Finally, I was happy in the morning that I was getting out of this hotel room. Only good thing about this hotel is its location. I made a mistake of not reading any reviews before reserving a room with this hotel. Stay away.

Room Tip: Please read reviews before selecting a hotel room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. We will use your comments and constructive criticism to make your future stay better at our hotel. I apologize in behalf of my staff and myself for less then satisfactory experience you had at our hotel. We are working everyday to improve our selves to help each of our guest with a satisfactory experience. If there is anything else we can do to make it right, please give me us a call at 608-254-6444.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011 via mobile

I send my time reading reviews when picking hotels regularly and there's always "those" stories. Well here's mine. People are nice here, husband and I couldn't drive any longer and was desperate for a few hours of sleep. Husband checked us in, grabbed our stuff, walked to room and themes a do not disturb tag on door. Thinking, maybe they forgot to remove it, because we just want to sleep, we open the door and theres a man asleep in the bed! We both take off running lol went to the lobby and the guy felt horrible. He "upgraded" our room without charge (obviously) and said our room was much better. Our first key didn't work, 2nd key good, walked in and the room is identical to the other room. VERY small, hardly anything in the room, small square pillows, and smelled horrible. Was cold, turned on the heated smelled like something was burning, pulled back the sheets and the bed smelled of urine. On first floor, my husband checked the window and it was unlocked. Think again if you are looking for a worry free place to rest.

• Stayed May 2011
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
Thank You for your review. We checked the problem you had but nothing was found. I am sure this was just misunderstanding. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Suggest management look out the back window from room #149, looks like a garbage dump nice dandi lion flower bed in the front thou. A coat of paint would probably help hide the interior cracks and paint chips thru-out. The top of the fire extinguiser boxes have not been wiped down forever total filth! Cracked sinks, facia falling off front of building, main door walk missing pavers. Who knows knows what lies below the surface as to the filth and lack of maintenance on the top.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
I apologize in behalf of our housekeeping and maintenance staff for the bed experiences you had. There shouldn't be any excuse for your bed experiences at our Days Inn of Wisconsin Dells. We took further steps to make sure this does not happen again to you or any of our guests in the future. I welcome you to give us another chance to make your stay more pleasant. If there is anything else we can do to please give us a call at (608) 254-6444 and talk to any of our managers.

Prince Tuhin, GM
McHenry, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I don't understand some people have some horrable comments on this hotel. What so you expect the price is RIGHT.<Free brakfest,pool, sauna >in the Dells. You need to save money to spend in other places when you go there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
Thank you for your comment. We would love to have you back at our hotel soon.
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

My family and I enjoyed ourselves.. The rooms was good, and the workers was very nice.. The kids really enjoyed the pool. I would stay again..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank You for your comments. We always love to hear from our guests, specially if they had a great time at our hotel. We always do our best to make sure everyone of our guest to enjoy their stay. We thank you once again for your comments and hope you see you back soon.
Milwaukee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

The Days Inn is incredibly inexpensive compared to many other hotels in Wisconsin Dells and I now know why. My husband, another couple, and I went to the Dells for the night and wanted a cheaper hotel to stay in. We chose the Days Inn because it was cheaper and a lot of other hotels were booked. At the end of the night, we were all getting ready for bed and pulled the comforters off the beds. A bug was jumping around on one of the beds. We were unsure of what it was at first and looked up pictures on our phones to confirm. We took the bug in a cup to the front desk and the woman working knew instantly what it was. She said that particular room had been cleaned two weeks ago for a bed bug infestation. Obviously they didn't do a good enough job. They did reimburse us our money. We all left around midnight and drove two hours home to disinfect. I'm still worried that we might have brought them to our house.

Side note, the room was dirty in general. The towels were stained, bathroom had not been cleaned properly, stains on the tops of the comforters, dust, dirt etc. Do not stay here. Spend a little more and stay at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
just_a_traveler3000, Manager at Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Thank You for your comments. After looking at your comments, I had health inspector come in and check our rooms. Nothing was found. I can assure you that our newly renovated hotel is bed bug free.

We appreciate your comment and concern. I are always working on making our hotel better for all of our guests. I can assure you a better stay on your next visit.

GM

Been to Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!