This first time to Chula Vista will not be our last. We've stayed at every other waterpark resort in the Dells and decided to give Chula a try.
Because of our large group of 14, we stayed in a 3-bedroom condo for 2 nights on a weekday (Mon-Wed). A 3-bed condo is really a 2-bedroom condo connected to a Double Room. There are 3 bathrooms when all connected and a nice family room, jacuzzi, master bedroom with king bed, a guest bedroom with 2 queen beds, and a full kitchen with fridge, freezer, oven, dishes, dishwasher, etc. in the 2-bedroom condo section. There are plenty of pics on their website for you to get the idea.
Our room was very clean, beds were great, and service was speedy and pleasant. No complaints at all with the staff, cleanliness of our condo, and the resort as a whole.
We ate at the Market Fresh's all-you-can-eat crab-leg buffet. The food could appeal to all appetites. It lacked some things but we were all satisfied (even the "picky eaters"). You had your choice of fried foods and pizzas next to the crablegs and fried shrimp and french fries (notice lots of fried foods, not much fresh). The waitstaff was terrific though. The crab legs and meats were also very good. It reminded me of an average seafood buffet in Vegas. Bottom line - anyone can "nit-pick" any restaurant but this one served it's function and pleased us. If looking for a decent buffet in this neck of the woods, we would eat there again.
The prices were in-line with an all-you-can-eat crableg buffet at $21 per adult. We paid $36 per adult in Vegas for quality that was on par with Chula, except in Vegas we had fresh sushi and more selections of seafood (and non-fried foods) and desserts galore to choose from.
Now, on to the waterparks and resort activities. The waterparks both outdoor and indoor were super-crowded. We thought we'd escape the crowds staying here on weekdays but were were wrong. We realized this as soon as we got to the resort and could not find any parking spots in the huge lot. They had to be close to sold-out. Had we known it would have been this crowded we would have opted for a Door County resort instead.
The one thing this resort sorely lacks is a large outdoor pool with perhaps a lap pool. They should take note and copy one of the larger Milwaukee County Parks pools.
The front outdoor waterpark has a dozen waterslides for older kids and adults and a large kiddie-complex with shooting water and smaller slides but no pool to wade in. There are 2 smaller pools (an activity pool and a kiddie lazy river with a small slide) also outside in front. There is a small wave pool that is nicely shaded (if you wanted to escape the sun for a little bit) in the back of the resort that overlooked the beautiful Wisconsin River bluffs that made this area famous, but that pool was insanely crowded all the time. The front waterpark area had a small pool but it easily maxed out it's capacity with 20 people in it and this small pool was were 3 waterslides dumped its passengers. A huge outdoor pool would make this resort 10 times better. We actually though about going over to another resort just for this amenity.
All-in-all this resort is a crowd pleaser. We were pleased and enjoyed our stay. We will likely return . . . and sooner if a large outdoor pool opens up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme