“Nice waterpark and rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Chula Vista Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2501 River Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #42 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
“Nice waterpark and rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

We stayed at the Chula Vista for 2 nights for a conference. The waterpark was very nice, although the air was a little cool. You can get to the waterpark from the hotel via an underground tunnel. The tunnel is very well lighted, but chilly. The room was a very nice size with 2 beds and a divider wall with a pull-out sofa on the other side. The hotel had soap and lotion in dispensers, not individual bottles, there is no conditioner in the room. The walls were thin, and we could hear the conversations in the next door room.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Turkish first
oshkosh wi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

Stayed two nights, the only room available was a African suite, which was nice, but not worth the price we paid. 1st night the room above us overflowed there hot tub and the water dripped threw the ceiling onto the king sze bed. maintence was called and all they could do was change the sheets, still could not sleep in the bed. next morning the mattress was changed. but not reimbursement or free dinner tictet was issued not even an appology, we would of been happy with just a free dinner coupon, nothing! They also could not guarentee that it wont happen again the next night when someone fills the tub up! by the way it was room 3019, watch out and check your mattress. they dont care, also the walk way behind the hotel looking down to the river is full of trash, its a nonsmoking resort so all the people who smoke throw there cigerette buts down onto the walk way and into the nature area and no one comes to clean it up the nature area is a dump area. this is all on the north end where the old buildings are, not cleaned up at all and the employees smoke out on the north side exit. not pleasent at all. one more thing, the employee and lifeguards dont know english, we tried to get info from one of the life guards and she could not understand what we were trying to tell her, she just shook her head and looked away. Well what would of happen if there was an emergency and these people dont understand English. This should be in there policy that there is an understanding of the English Language, This is Wisconsin and the USA, Hire English speaking people. There is a bit of a walk to the indoor water park, and there is only one Hot tub inside that every one crowds into. Not good. But the water park was good for the yonger kids. The buffet was OK but very Expensive. We complained to the desk about what happened in our room and the desk clerk said Sorry I know nothing about it and there is nothing we can do. She didnt care! We wont be back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

My kids love waterparks especially indoor water parks. We were tired of the "same ol" Great Wolf Lodge in KC so we looked into other areas. The Dells being the "WaterPark capital of the world" or something sounded good. It was about 7 hour drive from St Louis. The resort itself is a little off the beaten path. On the Wisconsin river which was great for the view from the room. Here's my pros and cons:

Pros:
Great view
Good waterpark for our kids aged 6 and 8 (42" to ride all rides)
Clean, up to date resort
Tunnel to waterpark so weather wasnt issue

Cons:
Dark rooms.. wow need some more lighting
Soap dispensers instead of bars, fine for adults but kids couldnt reach
Housekeeping.. or "what housekeeping??"... gave us towels that was it.. we booked hotel room but were treated like we were in a condo or something
Service.. we were on our spring break however the bar and other restaruants were closed until "spring break" I was told.. when I said this WAS our spring break they said "welcome to wisconsin"

Overall we had fun... Guess going in the "off" season has it's pro's and con's. Many restaurants in town were also closed as were many stores. They must do GREAT business in the summer to be closed sooo long.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Cecil, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

We stayed 2 nights and had a great experience. The service was great. It was very clean and I can see why with all the staff they have cleaning in the halls and the waterpark area. We loved the no smoking policy throughout the resort. The food was excellent in the Market Express, the Market Buffet and the bar. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

I was staying with my daughter's volleyball team and, being the official team "chaperone," had requested a room near their 2-bedroom condo. They put me about as far away from those girls as they could have. If it were a matter of the place being full (which they claimed), that would be one thing; but other parents who checked in after I did were given nicer rooms, closer to the girls with fabulous views. My room was old, dark, and overlooked the parking lot. Furthermore, I was in the middle of a dead deer convention (hunters) rather than volleyball families. I had a 10-minute walk from my room to the girls' room. My remote was broken, the patio door was unlocked and the lock didn't even work, and my coffee and supplies were not replenished even though I was there for three nights. Rude check-in service. I would have to say that maintenance was responsive to my requests for fixes, however. Parking was totally insufficient for the amount of guests and I usually had to circle several times to get a spot, even one that was far away from my room. To add injury to insult, I slipped in their icy parking lot one morning, skinned my knee and ripped my favorite pair of black pants -- worth $150. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again! STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Madison, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

My wife and I were off to a pleasant weekend in this establishment. We were later saddened by the total breakdown of services to check out because of the fact they were fully booked for the weekend. We were not able to use the elevators (at one point we waited for four cars to pass) which were full each time the doors opened. The elevators are too few and too small. Dolly's for transporting suitcases and bags were too few. People were actually looking for them out in the parking lot. I can hear you saying, "Yes but that's because they were so full". If the system breaks down when they are full, then they have some real design problems. Many people were upset at the complete lack of solutions, very disappointed. If you attempt to be all things to all people, you had better be able to service all the people. Our experience went down the tubes and we were saddened by seeing it fail so completely. We were disappointed because we would like to see Chula Vista succeed not fail.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Waupaca, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

This is the best time I've had on a winter vacation involving water, period! The entire resort is connected underground, so there's no getting cold going from the rooms to the waterpark. Service was excellent!

Stayed December 2007, traveled with family

Been to Chula Vista Resort? Share your experiences!