“Fabulous location and room type for teens” 5 of 5 stars

Chula Vista Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2501 River Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #42 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fabulous location and room type for teens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

The studio loft room overlooking the golf course was a great place to stay with teens. The kitchen area was well stocked with everything we needed to cook, and the loft area gave the kids a place to call their own -- without the cost of a second room, and with a watchful eye from parents. The kids thought it was great, and the walk to the waterpark area was short (and there was a shuttle bus, if needed), so they coud come and go as they pleased

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Turkish first
West Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We've stayed here a number of times and every time something new has been built or added to the hotel. The kids really enjoy the water slides and the best rooms to get are the ones that have the views because you can see the Wisconsin River and the trees behind. This past time it seemed busier than it has before and I was surprised at all of the people at the hotel in September.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed at the Chula Vista for a state pool tournament. The facility was huge and was able to accommodate everyone's interests. I was very excited to learn about the fun things my 2 year old could do there. Other hotels don't offer much for the little ones. The only complaint I had was this place was so big, I swear we had to walk a mile or pool every time we wanted to enjoy the water parks. Great exercise for me..not so much for the 2 year old who was pooped by the time we got there..or got carried by momma!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My family and I always go to Chula Vista. Ever since I was little we have gone here. Over the years they have made the place beautiful! So many water slides and other fun attractions. They have added on wonderful condos, and my family and I have been able to stay in them for the last few years now. They are amazing!! Makes the whole vacation so much better! I recommend them to anyone! They also have added on a golf course across the way from them as well as more condos on that side. I am recently engaged and am thinking of having the wedding at Chula Vista. It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been and I wish to celebrate my marriage there!!

This is an amazing hotel and water park that is fun for all ages!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Fort Dodge, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

Had a good time at the water parks. Hotel rooms were clean and spacious. Food was good too. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Twin Cities, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

Upon arriving at this "upscale resort" we were given a room after an hour wait in line to check in. The room was so dirty! The floor looked like it had not been vaccumed in days. There were candy wrappers and trash on the floor and the trash can was full of trash. Yuck! The room was poorly decorated and was what I would expect at a minimum cost budge motel. The carpet was like indoor/outdoor carpet, which was probably a good thing because half of it was wet because the refridgerator was leaking.
After calling the front desk and complaining, we were offered another room. That room was clean but still had the feel of a budget motel. Not at all what we expected from a high dollar resort!
The waterpark, the reason for our stay, was extremely crowded, but great for the kids. There were very few lifeguards on duty which made me nervous. The waterpark was also dirty and the locker rooms were horribly small and dirty. The walk from the hotel to the waterpark, while underground, is long for the kids.
The resturants were WAY overpriced for the plain and average food.
We would not stay at Chula Vista again with so many other great places to stay in the Dells. We have spent less, got a much better room, and several indoor waterparks at the Wilderness!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Green Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

My family and I stayed aug 15th & 16th. We stayed in a gulf studio. I must say the room was great. It was new addition to the hotel I think. It had everything we needed fireplace, full kitchen. Very nice room. the staff was great. The outdoor water park held hours of fun for the kids. I will come back again. I got a great deal on the room. There was no housekeeping in the studios which was fine. There was a maid on the hall everyday and they switched our towels out. The grounds and general up keep of the property was great.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Chula Vista Resort? Share your experiences!