Went to Chula Vista overnight with husband, daughter and a friend of the daughter.
Check in was very quick and efficient. I am rather confused about the their max two room keys per room (in part because the key is a great marketing too/memory piece an in part - we planned to go three different directions). These room keys were the bane of my existence the whole time we were there. We could not get the keys to work consistently. It would take 10 or 11 swipes each time we tried to get in the room.
We stayed in a Junior Suite - and it was spacious and nice looking. And obviously just repainted as the paint smell was rather pungent. Save for the the paint smell I really have no complaint on the room
The waterpark was decent enough. The girls enjoyed themselves - which is really what counts in this situation. The drinks in the waterpark were Chicago priced. Not shocked but that never makes me happy to spend $8 on a $4 drink. We chose a good weekend to be at Chula Vista as the hotel was only 40% full. Which means every where was not crowded with people (always a plus!)
We ate at the sports bar on property. Pricey for what it is. I fully realize that the the major resorts in the Dells are all pricey. And I am not the target audience (the Chicago visitor - who wont blink at the prices and will stay several nights is). But the insane prices of donuts, coffee, basic sandwiches drives me more than a little crazy.
So overall. It was an all right visit. Nothing to hate but also nothing to love. We typically stay at Kalahari or Great Wolf - so we are basing our comparison of water park resort against these two standard bearers. Would I recommend Chula Vista? It would not be my first or second choice. But I would not actively say "Whaaaat...don't stay there - esh" either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme