“Nice Weekend Getaway.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Nice Weekend Getaway.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

First a disclaimer. I did not pay for our stay here since it was an awards trip with the company I represent. That being said, my review would have been the same had I footed the bill.

We stayed the weekend of Oct 4-6 in a Jr Suite. It was adequate for our family of 4. (Kids age 4 and 15 months.) The room had all the necessities, mini fridge, coffee maker, TV, etc. I've slept on more comfortable beds, but they were adequate. The room also had a nice couch to unwind and relax.

We did eat at the breakfast buffet one morning and thought it was excellent and an outstanding value. It had every breakfast food you can imagine. Cook to order omelets, pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, fresh fruit and much more! Our server was excellent as well.

We got to experience the indoor water park, and I was very impressed. It is clean, and well staffed with lifeguards and other helpful employees. It has an abundance of really cool water slides and an indoor water roller coaster. My only regret is that we didn't get to spend more time there. Our kids are a little young, so they only can go on limited attractions there.

My only suggestion is that they should inform you that there is an underground tunnel between the hotel and the water park. We had to discover that on our own. Really good to know when it's cold outside! Parking also gets a bit hard to find near your room on busy nights.

Overall we had a great time and will visit again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Tahoekid629,

Great to have you with us and congratulations on receiving a weekend getaway with your family from your company. I was glad to see that you and your family had a wonderful time during your fall visit. I do hope that we may be of service to you again in the future.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Dan Hoppe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Turkish first
Macomb, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our family which consists of 2 adults (ages 31-35) and 6 kids (ages 4-9) stayed at Chula Vista Resort Oct 10-13th. We were going to stay at Mt Olympus or another big water park in the Dell's for our vacation but decided not to because of the reviews on this web site. This is the first time I have ever left a review on staying at any hotel or vacation home but really felt I need to so I can help out any other family wanting to find the perfect place to stay. The cleanliness of our Vista Loft #4722 was EXCELLENT. I moved all the furniture before leaving to make sure we didn't leave behind anything and there was nothing underneath the furniture. In ALL hotel's I have stayed at I have found hair, wrappers, garbage, etc. So that really impressed me how they are very clean and orderly here. The room was PERFECT for us with the bunk beds in the loft area. The indoor water park was a blast for all 4 of our boy's. The slides were awesome inside also. We went off season so the outdoor waterpark was closed so our rating is based on inside waterpark only. We will definitely come back here and stay. The only down side is the first day we arrived we had a woman from Chula Vista call us 3 times on our cell inviting us to attend a Time Share event and get a $100 dinner voucher. It was kind of annoying she called that many times but after the 3rd call she must have got the point that we are not interested. EVERYONE at the Resort was VERY friendly and went out of their way to welcome us. The Fresh Market buffet on Friday evening wasn't too great of a selection in my opinion especially for $18 per adult and $10 per child. We decided to go to Famous Dave's downtown which was great. The Chula Vista is a very short distance to downtown Dell's and was very quiet, peaceful and relaxing. There were 3 wedding's going on the weekend we stayed and we didn't hear a peep out of any other guests at night...was very quiet. With all this said....we will definitely stay here again and I would highly recommend this resort to anyone!

AimeeC,

Thank you so much for being with us on your recent journey to Chula Vista and the Dells.
Glad to see that the Loft Villa worked well for you and your family. We do appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback for we do share these with our team members.
We look forward to being of service to you again soon and will keep you updated on future promotions. Have safe travels.

Park City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We have stayed twice in the last few years. We have always found the condos to be clean and just perfect. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. We have stayed at other large resorts and have not been as happy. The indoor water park is clean and lots of fun. I can not coment on the out door because we useally go in mid September. The market buffet we have always enjoyed
and we even go there when we stay at other resorts. I am sure you can find fault at any large resort but we have always enjoyed our stay here.

TWM471,

It was great to be of service to you again and thank you for being back with us this fall.
Thank you for taking the time to drop a note and give us feedback on your stay, I was gald to see that you had a memorable time.
We look forward to being of service to you again on your next journey to the Dells. Have a great fall season.

Ixonia, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Kids loved the waterpark and the outside hottub was nice as well. The rooms were decent in the tower and it was good to have a tunnel to walk through to the parks in the winter. Overall a good experience, a bit pricey though.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Paul V.

Glad to have you with us on your recent fall escape to the Dells. We appreciate you being with us for we know you have many choices available to you. Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay, we look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here with a large group for a convention, and we rented a two-bedroom condo for the three days we were there.

The room was OUTSTANDING. I had absolutely no complaints...the bathroom was clean, the room was fresh-smelling, and the amenities were decent. Everything was clean and covered and I was very pleased.

I was unhappy with the internet quality though...it kept going down but even when it was up it was terribly slow and hard to log on to. The phone also went down a lot, not having a dial tone... and when it came back up, I tried to call the desk, I either got a busy signal or they never picked up. The desk people were unknowledgable and unhelpful as well.

The waterpark closes VERY early and opens late, so heads up on that. However, it's decent quality and you won't be disappointed. It's also tough to find your way around the resort.

The food in the hotel also leaves something to be desired. There are lots of great eateries in the Dells, and many of them even deliver to your room at the resort. I suggest you try there instead of wasting your money on mediocre, expensive hotel food.

Overall, room was excellent, pool was good with few issues, but there are issues that need addressing.

Room Tip: The condos, especially the two-bedroom ones, are outstanding. Worth the money.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
BWDmighall,

Great to have you with us on your most recent business trip, I hope all was successful.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay, glad to see that it was enjoyable.
We look forward to seeing you again either for business or pleasure.

Rosemont, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I went there with my sisters and Mom. We rented the 2 bedroom condo and the room was clean, spacious, and beautiful. The reception was very busy upon check in, but the staff was efficient and the wait wasn't long. They were very accommodating and offered an upgrade to a room with a better view. We didn't even ask which was nice. I really enjoyed my stay here and will definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Margie636,

Great to have you with us on your recent getaway. Glad to see that the condo accomodations worked well for you and your sisters.
We appreciate you being with us and thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Have a great fall season.

Burlington, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A few girlfriends and I stayed one night in a golf villa room. The bed configuration worked for us because it had 2 queens and a sofa sleeper. It had a small kitchenette including stove, refrigerator and dishwasher. It worked well for our group. The remote for the television did not have batteries in it. It was a nice place to stay and not far from our destination the next morning.

Room Tip: The room was in a small building on the golf course. We had a small balcony off the room which was n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
92Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to be with us on your most recent visit to Chula Vista.
We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your stay and gald to see the Villa was a good selection for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon and will keep you updated on our promotions.

Dan Hoppe

Been to Chula Vista Resort? Share your experiences!