We had stayed in a 2BR condo about 2 years ago and I would've sworn that at that time, they did not allow the general public to use the water park. Now they do, and that has changed everthing. The waterpark: full of wild people. Not even just kids, but adults and teens running around knocking over smaller kids-in the kiddie pool! One woman had just gone into the water with her clothes on-no swimsuit; and it rendered her sheer-to-begin-with outfit completely see-through! My daughter pointed out that "I can see that lady's underpants". Were I a teenage lifeguard at this place, I wouldn't have felt comfortable addressing some of this behavior, but I never saw what would've passed for a supervisor or authority figure. We waited 20 min. to get in w/ a resort bracelet behind many groups that had to pay for the day pass. Two words: two lines!
The room was spacious, but old and dirty. Carpet was stained, furniture old and destroyed.
Both 2 yrs. ago and recently we only ate at Howlers. In 2011 it was very good. Recently, it was gross, and I was sick after a taco salad. However, Patty the server was excellent.
The tunnel to the waterpark used to have the cutest little stores, and we were very excited to visit the toy store that used to be down there. That's gone. So, that was a giant kick in the groin to our 2 little girls who were excited about maybe getting new toys because really, it was a nice store. Now there's just a "spa" and a couple of areas w/ random brick-a-brack and I guess a "surf shop" because it has swimsuits.
We knew a weekend in the dells would not be a high-class, 5 star experience; we were just looking for a fun weekend w/ the kids. But this place made it difficult to just get those basic wants met. Won't be back, and mortified that I've recommended this to people over the past 2 years!
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.