The river walk was wonderful. The dock access was open so we were able to walk to the river. Wonderful views. It was a very busy place with much going on (conferences). It is not walking distance to any other venue, so plan to drive if you want to do shopping.
We planned to spend a weekend enjoying the local sites and the indoor water park. We ended up leaving a day early after a poor night sleep. We had a golf villa (second floor) which we though would be a plus as compared to the hotel. Later in the evening we found the noise from the tenants children above us kept us from sleeping. The thumping was loud enough to make the dish rattle in the cabinets. It went on for over an hour and then resumed the following morning. We left that morning not wanting another evening like the last. The overall impression is there needs to be a little TLC sprinkled here and there as well. Doors stuck, fireplace did not work fully, room service slammed doors (let the doors hit latch guards) while servicing. A lot of noticeable distractions. Very Camp-Like if that is what you are looking for.
The food was good for the area. We enjoyed the seafood buffet and we left quite satisfied and full. I did notice that the dining rooms ceiling was extremely dusty and it was not a pleasant site above you when you are eating you meal. It really needs a good cleaning!
The indoor watermark was very enjoyable. There were many elements to keep the children active and busy. The rides were from fast (roller coaster like) to relaxing so it was fun for all ages. It was a little cooler than I would have expected, I was constantly getting chilled. One of our children got a cold the following day. The lockers were expensive and the credit card readers were broke on all we encountered. Price as well $8. Otherwise you need the exact change. Some were even out of order. The staff was very helpful and comped the service after releasing the issue. The changing rooms were adequate and small with little privacy if you like that sort of stuff.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.