We've stayed at several different water parks in the Dells over the years but most recently decided to go with Chula Vista because it had the best available price for a room with a kitchenette. We stayed in the Golf Villas (D on the map) and only used the indoor park (Spring Break).
The good: (1)The kitchenette was a really nice kitchen. Granite counter tops, full stove/oven & refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, and all of the dishes, utensils, baking and cooking gear you would likely need. (2)The water park water was WARM...and I'm a total wimp when it comes to this. I like my water warm! (3)The slides were great, even for older children.
The not so good: (1)The mattresses...horrible. Thank goodness we were all tired. (2)The young children's area--pretty small and very crowded the day we were there. If you have only young children (5 and under), I would go with Kalahari or Wilderness or even one of the smaller hotels like Grand Marquis. (3)The food prices were high. You're out of the main Dells area, so I think they know they've got you (but, hey...pack something from home and use that awesome kitchen). (4) Cold hallways! Wouldn't be a big deal if you weren't wearing your swimsuit and light attire while waiting for the shuttle, but you will be if it's winter. (5)You either need to walk outside to get to the water park or take the shuttle. The shuttle is nice, but doesn't seem to run on a regular schedule. You call when you want it and it comes when it gets there (might be 5 minutes, might be 15).
All in all, pretty comparable to Kalahari, but I think The Wilderness is still my favorite resort overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme