We stayed at Chula Vista resort for a weekend basketball tournament this past weekend. We had a 2-room condo and were very satisfied with the room. It would have been too expensive but we got a group rate so that made it affordable. That was about where our total satisfaction ended.
Parking at Chula Vista is a nightmare - and in winter to have to walk over 1/4 mile in the cold is totally unacceptable. It was winter so only the indoor waterpark was open, and it is VERY undersized for the number of guests. The lazy river was an absolute SCRUM, and my 4-year old got crushed by rampaging teens and tubes on numerous occasions. My parents wanted to do nothing but sit in the hot tub at the waterpark, but they have one that was so overcrowded it looked like somebody was cooking 50 hotdogs in a 2-quart pot - overcrowded doesn't describe it well enough. Maybe in summer when the outdoors are open it won't be so bad, but I won't risk trying to stay again. They do have outside hottubs they call the Hot Springs and they looked great, but my parents had no interest in walking outside to get to a hottub.
Food options were pricy onsite as well. We ordered 2 pizzas, one Medium and one Large and were told it would be 45 minutes. Total LIE - it took over 90 minutes before we finally got pizza - nearly 10:30 at night. And those two pizzas were over $45. Seriously, this would be under $20 delivered from many joints so they are way overpriced, and the quality was awful. I can normally eat pizza until you run out but I could only stomach 2 pieces and then had heartburn all night. Terrible. And don't plan to eat at the Steakhouse unless your last name is Rockefeller. A double-cut prime rib is something like $75 and the bone-in Rib-eye was $49. I could understand this pricing at a downtown Chicago address, but not in a family resort in the Dells.
If we ever travel to The Dells again we will stay somewhere else - maybe Wilderness?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme