We selected Chula Vista for a two day business meeting and this is not the first time we've been here for this meeting. It's a bit smaller than the other resorts in Wis Dells, so you have a little less of the family traffic wandering in and around your meeting spaces.
I've stayed in the two bedroom condos nearly every time I've been here and, truly, I want to live here!! The condo units are very, very spacious. You have a full kitchen (outfitted with the very basic essentials in the cupboards, but still.. you have them!) and a breakfast bar and a couple of stools along with a smaller round dining room table and four chairs. The living, dining, kitchen areas are all open to each other, but if you're staying at Chula for a family getaway, that's perfect because you want to be all together and this is a great space to do that! There is one separate bedroom with a kingsized bed, it's own TV, a fireplace and an en-suite bathroom.. There is a second room with two queen sized beds and another TV. There is a second bathroom off the open living area which is your normal hotel - style bathroom, just
with some very nice finishes! Both bedrooms can be closed off and are very private. Several of my meeting attendees joked that their condo rooms were bigger than their first apartments! Oh... did I mention that the living room area also has a fireplace AND a whirlpool tub? Yes, I really would love to live in one of those condos!
As for my meeting, as in the past, I was very pleased with Chula Vista and their meeting and banquet staff. I've worked with Jane and Amber now a few times and they are TOP NOTCH! Every request was handled almost immediately and very professionally. Even tho' every meeting space in the place was booked, and our meeting was rather small compared to the other events taking place there, we were still treated as if we were the only group there! Our meals were excellent (breakfast, two lunches and one dinner buffet). Our group did experience an extremely long wait to check in, due to the fact that the computer system went down right at the time my group of 50 all went to check in... but some complimentary beverages for the folks waiting in line took some of the edge off the frustration! Good thinking to the Chula Vista manager who decided to do that!!
Chula Vista is a resort, so yes, things are pretty spread out, however this place is not nearly as huge as some of the others in the Wisconsin Dells area and they do have shuttles that will drive you from the main front desk to the condos, or, as in our case, from the main resort to the golf course clubhouse, where we had dinner for our goup one night.
Their location is a bit out of the way if you're coming to the Dells to experience all of the attractions and activities, but that location is simply beautiful. We've been here in the summer and the winter and the view of the River in either season is stunning!
I love Chula Vista, whether it's for a business meeting, a family weekend away or a romantic getaway with my husband. We will most certainly return here!
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.