“WAMO pool tournament” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
“WAMO pool tournament”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am currently in a chula vista junior suite and it is not ANY bigger than a regular room at the Atlantis. Iam very disapointed on how much it cost for a room that I do not feel is a junior suite at all its a small room. Front desk is crappy called for towels and still a hour or longer has gone buy and still no towels after the phone rang for like 2 mins then someone finally picked up. VERY DISAPOINTED would nor stay again unless some accomodations were met.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
annoymous699,

It saddens me to hear your current stay with us is not meeting your expectations. We’d like to do anything we can to ensure the rest of your stay is more enjoyable. If you’d like to discuss this further, we’d be happy to talk. Simply stop down to the front desk and ask to speak with our assistant general manager.

Thank you for providing your feedback to us and we hope we can accommodate you better for the rest of your stay.

1,395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Turkish first
Peru, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed in the Jr. Queen Suite on the ground floor- FILTHY- NOISY all night long!!!. Cobwebs the size of Texas on draperies. Dusty, had to clean room myself in order to stay there. Yes I complained. Basically they didn't care to hear it. Hot Springs "broken". Paid for 2 nights, Only stayed 1. This trip SUCKED & I doubt I would ever return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
LLJ_98,

I’m so sorry to hear your recent stay with us fell short of your expectations. We take pride in making sure every customer has a positive experience, and we never like to hear that, sometimes, our customer service didn’t meet the caliber you had hoped for.

Your comments about the lack of cleanliness and sound proofing in your room will be shared with our housekeeping and maintenance managers and used as case studies for how we can improve for your next stay with us.

Thanks again for your comments. We value our customers’ opinions, as that is the only way we know where we need to make adjustments and improvements in our customer service.

If you’d like to provide any additional comments or discuss this with us further, please contact me directly. We’d be happy to talk with you. We hope you consider staying with us again in the future.
mrs_sixx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

some friends and my husband and i just stayed here this past sunday night for our first stay. we've always stayed in other resorts in the area, but decided to try chula vista this time around.
it was one problem after another. from key cards not working (twice) to cold indoor water park (air AND water temperature; we froze! couldnt even enjoy being in the water, we would have to run back to our chairs to quickly dry off because it was so cold!) to NO COFFEE at the starbucks IN the hotel (how is that possible!? but their coffee maker was broke. imagine that!) to the hotel manager being cold and uncaring and unhelpful. she couldnt care less about resolving our issues or even offering discounts for meals or anything of the sort. no fresh towes at all inside water park, you have to exit to go back to the front desk to get fresh towels. womens locker room small and crowded. no room to change if more than 10 people in there at same time. outoor hot tub was broken and closed.
nothing fancy at this resort at all. do not stay here..choose wisely....stay at great wolf lodge or kalahari or wilderness INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: just dont stay here...so thats my tip
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mrs_sixx,

I’d first like to thank you for choosing to stay at Chula Vista during your recent trip to the Wisconsin Dells. Because we go to great lengths to ensure a positive customer experience everyday, it saddens me to hear our performance did not meet your expectations.

Rest assured that the comments you’ve provided will be shared with the appropriate management teams and will serve as case studies for how we can learn from our mistakes and not repeat them in the future.

If you’d like to provide any additional comments or speak more with us about this matter, please contact me directly.

Thanks again and I hope you consider staying with us again in the future.
Cambridge, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was our second trip to Chula Vista and it was even better than the last time. The staff was warm and friendly. Loved our room! It was perfect for a family. The only reason it is 4 stars instead of five is the long walk we had to the water park and shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms with a river view are great, and the condos are great for a family of 8
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dfritche,

Thank you for such kind words. I'm glad to hear your stay was a better experience this time around. We're always looking for ways to improve our customer service standards and making sure everything is perfect for you.

Thanks again for letting us know how we did. We hope you choose Chula Vista again in the future.
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Travelling here for a conference for work. The rooms were neat and clean, everyone was friendly and problems were resolved in a quick manner. I arrived late in the evening, after all food service had stopped at the resort. I was STARVING! - when inquiring at the front desk about some food, I was provided with several take out menus from local places that delivered right to my room. I got my food and a good nights sleep. The next morning I woke up and was brushing my teeth. I started hearing water hitting carpet...my sink was leaking, not bad, but enough. I stopped by the front desk to let them know what happened. the leak was fixed before I got back to my room from lunch. These are problems that can happen to anyone, anywhere - the way they are handled - with apology, courtesy and speed are what make the difference in an enjoyable stay and a lousy one. I came for business, but will go back for pleasure! (Can't wait to try the waterpark!)

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are the best!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Tina 53403,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent stay. Our team appreciates the kind words, thank you.
We hope to see you again soon and we will keep you updated on future promotions.

Best Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed at Chula Vista on several occasions and highly recommend the condos. On my most recent stay, however, I rented a room in the conference hotel portion. The conference center is a tad difficult to navigate (lots of winding hallways) but generally pleasant. My room, however, was dark, noisy and dated. The comforter had holes in it, the bedding and pillows were mediocre, and the mattresses were firm. My room did not have a guest services binder with basic information necessary for my stay (phone numbers, Internet instructions etc) and I had to call the front desk for assistance. Others have complained about the location. I enjoy that it is away from the main drag. It is just a short drive to the major attractions.

• Stayed February 2013
Morph 25,

Glad to see your conference went well and we hope to see you again on a personal basis soon. The feedback provided is helpful and we use this in our planning.
We will be updating the hotel rooms this spring and we will be sure to keep you updated on our progress. Thank you and have safe travels.

Regards,

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went here with our almost 2 year old. We won't be back for a few years to the Dells. I'm sure this water park is like all of the Dells water parks - it was sensory overload. Plus, you can tell this hotel had some additions. We had a room in the condo building and my parents had a room in the tower building. It took us 30 minutes to walk there. You also have to go up and down multiple elevators on different levels to get to the rooms and water park. Again, if I had an older child - no issue, I'd welcome the exercise! But it was very hard with a little toddler.
We stayed Saturday - Monday. Saturday the water park was so packed, it was unenjoyable. We were never able to get on a tube to go down the lazy river, people were actually fighting over them. There was also a long line to get tubes to go down the slides.
Sunday we were looking for a break with the crowds. That didn't happen. A bus full of kids pulled up and didn't leave until 3ish.
I will say that Sunday night was delightful for us. We weren't competing for usage of space, etc. There were a few rock star employees, but most never acknowledged us in the halls, etc. I think that makes it so less personal. Our room in the condo building was very nice, clean and comfortable. Our parent's room was very out dated, but I understand they will be remodeled soon.

Room Tip: Condo rooms are updated. Try not to get a room in the 5th or 6th floors in the condo room. Then yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Meghan P,

Thank you for being with us on your recent getaway to the Dells. We know you have a number of options and are glad you selected Chula Vista. I am sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations but your feedback is most appreciated and valuable.
I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future, we will be updating our hotel rooms this spring. We will be sure to keep you informed.

Regards,

Dan Hoppe

Been to Chula Vista Resort? Share your experiences!