We stayed in the North Tower in early February. The room was very dated but very clean. The bathroom was updated with new looking tile and looked very nice. The mattresses and pillows felt/looked new and were comfortable. The fridge worked well, nice and cold. The microwave was from the early 90’s, tiny and heated things unevenly. The patio door lock was broken, but after calling the front desk a very kind maintenance team was in our room super fast and had it fixed within 10 minutes of making the call. The housekeeping staff was also very friendly. The indoor water park is small but has a lot to offer, an appealing theme and attentive, kind lifeguards. The water “coaster” was fun but painfully slammed our backs into the hard safety bar each time it accelerated. The locker room/bathrooms at the water park were very clean, including the shower area. The water park opens at 10 am and closes at 8pm, so it opens later and closes earlier than other places in the area during the off-season. The water park café was understaffed and we waited 35 minutes for a mediocre hot sandwich. They have an “all you can drink” alcohol deal that draws lots of people who like to drink a lot of alcohol. However I should note that no drunk people caused any problems at all during our stay, they were just staggering around harmlessly.
The check in/check out times are not in line with other area resorts and are very frustrating. Check out is at 10:30am. When I asked for a late checkout they could do no later than 11am. Their check in time is 4pm. Most places have later out and earlier in times and will let you extend your checkout to 12 or even 1pm without an issue.
Overall for the price we paid I did not feel the Chula Vista was a good value for our family. I wouldn’t pay more $100 a night for this place in the off-season and that would have to include the “resort fee”.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme