This was my family's 2nd visit over night at the Chula Vista in a 2BD condo. The reservation staff was helpful in allowing for me to upgrade (for a fair charge) a regular room certificate to a condo to allow for more people. Bringing grandparents (3) up with our family of 5, we all fit comfortably. I love the spaciousness, equipped kitchen, tile work and in-room hot tub. We did use an air mattress for the youngest so the sofa bed did not have to be shared and there was still plenty of room. The only minor drawback is the main table only seats 4, although three can sit up at the peninsula in the kitchen as well and two more on a high cafe type table near the room's main window. The furnishings were adequate and I liked the WI Dells photos on the walls.
The waterpark is the perfect size, not too big, with just the right amount of thrill. The lines were very short for slides if there was one at all. One friendly lifeguard gave us a helpful tip: If you find yourself going down backwards for the final stretch of the "toilet bowl" slide, lean forward to avoid flipping when entering the pool! After enjoying time in Los Rios, we went up to the room in shifts asking the first group of two to start filling the hot tub. It acted as a great "holding tank" for those still waiting to shower off after the park. The fitness room was marginal at best...definitely needing attention. Two treadmills and one bike worked fine but the elliptical was not quite right. A water dispenser would be nice and the lock on the door was broken. After a brief dip in the waterpark on checkout day, we grabbed lunch at Market Fresh. The food was tasty but our waiter was exceptional...Daniel maybe? We were also were asked to view the Club as part of our stay and found the staff to be very friendly, informative and not pushy at ALL. We politely declined but said we would definitely return to the Chula.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme