My girlfriend and I stayed Sun Feb 6th thru Tues the 8th taking advantage of the Great Escape Package which was all-inclusive. It was great! My only complaints i'll get out of the way right away, first the check-in process was rediculous. Check in is at 4pm but we figured if we get there a little early it wouldnt be a big deal at all. We were wrong. We arrived at about 2pm along with 75 other new guests and we were allowed to check in but couldnt get a room key till 4pm. The rediculous part is that after waiting in line 20 mins to complete check in we were told once we recieved a text saying our room keys were available we would have to wait in line again just to get them. Fortunately we biopassed this extra 45 min line (no exageration, the line was out the lobby into the rest/bar area) by going to the condo lobby at 4p to just get our keys where the line was 5 min. Apparently noone else figured this might be an option. We only knew because when we arrived to the resort this was the lobby we entered through so after being sent to the non condo hotel registration and waiting in the 20 min line mentioned above just to get our ffod vouchers and wrist bands we figured we could go back over to condo registration to get our keys and skip that crazy 45 min line. Anyways it was a headache off the bat but after we got into our room it was amazing, the room was also, 2 queen beds instead of doubles, a fireplace, and a top floor river view. They even had a huge Superbowl bash that first night in the convention center that was free included with our packagewhich we didnt even expect upon booking. Unlimited food and drinks there too. It was really nice. The next day, Monday, we went to the indoor waterpark and were pleasantly surprised how empty it was, no lines for waterslides, not packed at all. We spent a couple hours there and did everything and had fun. The meals were all buffet but it was a great buffet. The dinner one especially Mon night was really tasty, ribs, chicken, etc.. Good service from all the wait staff and bartenders for hte most part too. We did have to go to a timeshare meeting though Mon afternoon as required by the package deal, we pretty much just listened and said we werent interested, no big thing but we did get a $50 gift certificate for the spa which my girlfriend used to get some products. Also we received a $50 gift certificate for the steakhouse at the resort which was very classy and we just used it to get some drinks and an appatizer. Very nice cool friendly bar tender there that told us all about the resorts underbelly and staff, etc.. very interesting. cool guy. They also have a huge arcade that we spent $40 in and got hours of entertainment. That night we visited the outdoor "hot springs" which was very nice, a giant 40 person hot tub right outside the spa doors and sat in there for like 45 minutes. The best part of the trip if you ask me. Anyways so overall i qwould have gave a 5 star review if the check in wasnt so lame and the bartenders made the drinks stiffer but overall a great all inclusive stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme