“All-inclusive IS ACTUALLY all-inclusive!” 5 of 5 stars

Chula Vista Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2501 River Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #42 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Des Moines
“All-inclusive IS ACTUALLY all-inclusive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at Chula Vista Resort for spring break. We got the All-inclusive package. We were extremely impressed with the all-inclusive package. We were sure that there would be "fine print" and that a lot of things wouldn't be included, but we found out that literally EVERYTHING was included. Every meal, no matter what we ordered, was included, and all of the drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) were included- even the pricey specialty ones!

Our room was fantastic! We had a presidential suite with a fireplace and two balconies. The view was gorgeous, and the room was so spacious with a very modern bathroom.

The fitness facility was okay. We liked the fact that it had free weights and weight-machines (so many hotels just have cardio equipment), but the space was very small.

We had so much fun at the resort that we only left it once during our stay! We are going back to celebrate both of our birthdays, and with the new, huge indoor waterpark addition, I'm sure we will have even more fun!

• Liked — All-inclusive package
  • Disliked — very small fitness room
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Turkish first
White Bear Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

My daughter and I love to come to this resort when we need a break. They have everything we could want in a resort. Excellant food, full service Bar, outdoor Hot Tub, incredible water park. The check in service is fast and they are very helpful. Our rooms were awesome junior suites with Fire Places nice TV, Queen Beds. We haven't tried the Spa Del Sol there yet but maybe this next time, we're going again the end of the month. We've come back here several times and have never been disappointed. I would highly reccomend this Resort especially for familes. We like it because it's just a little off the beaten path the views from the rooms are spectacular expecially the ones facing the river.

• Liked — The location, waterpark, food, Bar ,the room.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

Spent three days here for Easter. After reading other reviews here are my comments. waterpark over crowded and louder than you can imagine, (i go to rock concerts) water was not cold at all neither was the air temp. Design of the waterpark is ineffective not nearly enough tables or chairs indoor hot tub was overpacked although the outdoor one was very large and usually had six or less in it at a time. (very warm considering it was snowing) Stayed in a hotel room not a condo seemed clean and was suprised by how quite the other guests were. Elevators were never a problem!!! But the cost were unbelievable for meals or to get a soda out of a vending machine($2.50) overall a decent stay but if you go make sure its a slow time of the year. Checked out other resortsin the area and just about all of them w/waterparks are overcrowded. P.S. you would have to be out of your mind to stay at wilderness the hallways are like rush hour in chicago!!

• Liked — check in
  • Disliked — overpacked pol area expensive food
North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

We spent a 4 day weekend at the Chula Vista Resort and had a great time. We stayed in one of the two bedroom condos which was beautiful. There were 6 adults and 4 kids with us and plenty of room for all of us. The full kitchen was great to have, we were able to eat breakfast there and come up from the waterpark for lunch without having to bundle up and go outside. The kids had a great time in the waterpark and we were able to keep track of everybody. The little kids play area was great, two of the kids in the group weren't tall enough to go on the big slides but spent hours in the toddler area. We also had a 7 year old with us that had a great time on all of the waterslides. The waterpark is full but at certain times of the day it is more manageable.

Our biggest complaint was that chairs are very hard to find in the waterpark, in order to get some I think you have to be there the minute it opens up and flop your stuff down on them. Also the elevators were difficult to get on to. The underground tunnel is a bit of a pain to get to but once you get if figured out it is great. The staff was not always overly friendly especially at the reservations desk.

• Liked — Lots of space in our two bedroom condo
  • Disliked — The elevators were a nightmare most of the time, take the stairs if possible
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

My family was looking to have some fun for a few days over spring break with our 9 year old and 12 year old kids. We have stayed at Great Wolf last summer for one night as we were going home. My husband found a much better rate at Chula Vista, with a 2 bedroom condo with fully equiped kitchen. This was a big draw for us as our daughter has multiple food allergies, making eating out a hard thing sometimes. I tried to call ahead and speak to a restaurant manager, but was not able to get one. The employees seemed very put out by my questions and not helpful. I asked repeatedly if I could leave my # so that the manager could call me at a convenient time for them. I finally gave up. We took our own food, and prepared our own meals, saving a ton of $$. On our last morning, I was wanting a bigger breakfast so I was able to find the restaurant manager of the buffet. He was helpful and apologized for the treatment I received. He went through the buffet for me, and we determined that they would cook something in the back for her in a seperate pan. She enjoyed some fried potatos, bacon, and fresh fruit. The rest of us had omelets, waffles, etc. It was delicious, but cost of us near $50 for that breakfast! Glad that we brought our own food.

The waterpark was fun for the day and a half that we were there. My kids were happy, and it wasn't spread out too far for me to keep up with them for the most part. It was PACKED, and finding chairs to put our things on was difficult. We just wanted two chairs together so that DH and I could sit together. We did move around when we found a spot open up though. The noise is deafening!! I was thankful to go back to the room for meals.
On the day of departure, they did not want to swim in the morning. So, they spent a bit of time playing in the game room. My daughter had her hair wrapped. Note for this, she takes appointments so you may not get to do it right away.

We were up on the 6th floor and did not have any problems with the housekeeping. It was understood that we would receive fresh towels, and the garbage would be changed. That's it. The elevators are a bit of a problem, esp. checking in and out. The shortage of luggage carts was bit of a nuisance, but I just went outside and asked a few people if they were finished. After a few tries, I was able to get one.

What I think could be improved: the employees could have definitely been more helpful to me over the phone. The seating at the waterpark was a pain, although why people take up five chairs for five people is puzzling to me. There's never more than a few people sitting anywhere for long. The hot tub had way too many people crammed in it, with babies and little kids. But that is not the resort, that is people.

We would still consider staying there again, in the condo, but would not stay longer than we did.

• Liked — fun for the kids
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

Our experience at the indoor water park did not meet our expectations. The noise level in there was deafening. I couldn't hear my 3 year old talk even if he talked right into my earl. And it was COLD. Air was cold, water was cold. We ended up leaving after an hour because the kids where shivering.

Our golf villa loft was a nice size room (but a dishwasher would of been nice). Housekeeping was below standard. All the light fixtures had cobwebs on them. The bathroom fan had so much dust built up on it I was surprised it moved any air. The edges of the carpet had 1/2" of dust built up.

I requested a bed rail for our toddler and we never received it. I had called the morning before we arrived and was told they had a rail for us. I asked shortly after check-in and was told they would send it up. We never got it.

And everything extra was expensive. Eat at the buffet? $23 /adult for dinner! Locker at the water park? $5; Bottle of water in your room? $4.

We'll try a different resort next time.

Stayed March 2008
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

We started the trip off with good weather, though the rooms without a doubt, sucked! Dirty, and the cleaning people came it 6:30 in the morning! I came before the indoor waterpark, so nothing much to do. Also they treat their employees, like crap. Dont go!

• Liked — The End
  • Disliked — The Beginning
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Chula Vista Resort? Share your experiences!