“Accomodations sooo comfy!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Accomodations sooo comfy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We had a two bedroom condo this trip. Kitchen clean and well appointed although I really wanted salt and pepper! None to be found so bring it if you need it. Two beautiful fireplaces and a whirlpool in the room. King room very nice although little room in bathroom to put toiletries. Really tiny shelves in that bathroom. Main bathroom roomy and plenty o room. I love being able to cook little meals and save my money for the great meals. Pillows and bed soooooo comfy I slept awesome! Family area relaxing although I wish the flatscren had a rotating base or pull out base for when you are in hot tub. Plenty of open space for kids to lounge around and play games. I always enjoy our stays here. I wish I had the all inclusive though as the free drinks and food are really awesome if you come with adults!!!

Room Tip: Main Condos are nice, river view better but golf condos not my fave in winter as it is not connected...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Sara H.,

It was great to have you back with us for your holiday getaway, we appreciate you being with us.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your accommodations the condos are wonderful for a family get together.
We look forward to seeing you again soon and have a great new year.

Dan Hoppe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The room was not clean. The one bed had no fitted sheet and only a flat sheet. In the same bed was a used sock - thus I am assuming the room was not cleaned. The drain would not drain for at least 3 minutes. When we discussed this with the front desk, they were like "thank you for letting us know" and "have a good day". Not a good experience all - first time and most likely the last time with no recommendations from us. Stay at the other end of the Dells - much nicer facilities.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Devonshire of Wi,

I personaly apologize regarding your recent visit. We are most serious about our housekeeping standards and have addressed this issue with the appropiate parties.
We know you have many choices in selecting a travel destination and I am sorry we did not meet the expectations your deserve.
I hope that you may consider us again in the future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The front desk is inefficient and ineffective headed by from what I heard from a Karolyn. The front desk people hide from their guest in a side office gabbing about nonbusiness stuff. Thier managers are on thier cellphones texting or talking on the phone to thier personal life. I tried getting ahold of one later on and they were nowhere to be found by the front desk staff. The front desk staff were generally talkative but not to me. Once they get done with thier checking in routine, you get the feeling that they push you out the door. They had no empathy, or if they did it seemed forced and fake. The rooms stink like someone smoked canibus (marijuana). From what I heard that the security staff will not do anything about it, so if you sell drugs feel free to use their rooms. The rooms are okay. Staind carpets must be a special bonus. Waterpark is small. Restaurants bland and tasteless. The raviolis at the Chop House, take a pass. The buffet was not worth it. Great Servers though. All in all, go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
JasRaven,

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I would be interested in discussing those with you.
I am sorry fot the inrteractions you encountered for I know how frustrating this can be. Please feel free to contact me.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

From time to time the Chula Vista Resort offers a mid-week all inclusive package for an amazing price. The package includes 3 buffet meals per day & unlimited beverages, including alcohol. The water park is not as exciting as some in the Dells, but it is perfect for younger children or for adults looking for an inexpensive, relaxing get-away. There is even an adult-only outdoor whirlpool with evening cocktail service. This is not the most elaborate resort in the Dells, but it is certainly the best deal!

Room Tip: Book early for the best room choice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellen34,

Thank you for being with us on your recent trip to the Dells, I am glad to see that you had an enjoyable time.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed the night before Thanksgiving in a Junior Suite - the room size was very nice. We had two teens with us (16 & 18) and it was nice to have the little livingroom area and the refrigerator. We really appreciate queen beds also which a lot of places do not offer.

The room had seen a lot of wear. The carpets in the hall are frayed. I think it would be more fun to stay in the summer with the outside activities going on. The teens were only in the water park for two hours and got bored. They were NOT impressed by the water park. It was not very cool inside the park and the water was cold. It's quite small in comparison to others in the area and there wasn't enough to keep them entertained. There were other activites on site but there was a charge for everything.

I'd think younger kids would love the indoor park any time.

This is a mega-resort complex including waterpark theme and activities for kids. At times I found myself lost in the complex due to the tunnels and number of buildings.

We won't be going back. There are much better places to stay in the Dells.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vacgirl23,

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being with us on your recent visit. We will keep you updated on our future promotions and upgrades as they come along.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Woodstock, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a two bedroom condo, and it was very nice and well kept. The main area of the room had a full kitchen with an eat at bar and it mad a very nice room. The water park was a little on the smaller side compared to the other resorts in Wisconsin Dells area, but it deferentially did have some good watersides and a nice lazy river. The resort is fully staffed on weekends but we noticed on Monday, some of the bars were closed in the water park and the kiddy pools out side of the condos building.

Room Tip: We were in the condo building but, were were right near where the elevator let off so we would hear...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Phil 1989,

Thank you for being with us on your recent visit and we appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay.
I was glad to see that the condo accomodations worked well for you. We hope to see you again soon and have a great holiday season.

New Palestine, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just spent the weekend there. After spending the day at the waterpark we left at 3p.m. and asked for them to call a shuttle. At 3:20p.m. the shuttle still wasn't there. When I asked the waterpark staff I was told they don't know where it is and call myself. So I called and was told they were doing staff changes but will be there in a few minutes. By 3:30 still no shuttle. I asked to talk to the waterpark mgr. He told me he couldn't help me and I need to call the front desk mgr. After talking with that mgr. I was told it would be there shortly. By 3:45p.m. it finally arrived. The biggest problem is how they handled the problem. Noone wanted to take ownership as to why it took 45 minutes on a extremely non busy day. Neither the waterpark or front desk mgr wanted to take ownership. We ended up having to drive to and from the remaining trip. The staff were extremely unknowledgable and rude. Read the reviews before you book and follow your gut instinct which I wish I did. I even tried to call the mgr after my ordeal for some time of apology or resolution to the problem so I wouldn't be so upset but she wasnt trained in customer responsiveness or service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Chula Vista Resort? Share your experiences!