“Nice condo's” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Woodstock, Illinois
“Nice condo's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a two bedroom condo, and it was very nice and well kept. The main area of the room had a full kitchen with an eat at bar and it mad a very nice room. The water park was a little on the smaller side compared to the other resorts in Wisconsin Dells area, but it deferentially did have some good watersides and a nice lazy river. The resort is fully staffed on weekends but we noticed on Monday, some of the bars were closed in the water park and the kiddy pools out side of the condos building.

Room Tip: We were in the condo building but, were were right near where the elevator let off so we would hear...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Phil 1989,

Thank you for being with us on your recent visit and we appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay.
I was glad to see that the condo accomodations worked well for you. We hope to see you again soon and have a great holiday season.

Dan Hoppe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Turkish first
New Palestine, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just spent the weekend there. After spending the day at the waterpark we left at 3p.m. and asked for them to call a shuttle. At 3:20p.m. the shuttle still wasn't there. When I asked the waterpark staff I was told they don't know where it is and call myself. So I called and was told they were doing staff changes but will be there in a few minutes. By 3:30 still no shuttle. I asked to talk to the waterpark mgr. He told me he couldn't help me and I need to call the front desk mgr. After talking with that mgr. I was told it would be there shortly. By 3:45p.m. it finally arrived. The biggest problem is how they handled the problem. Noone wanted to take ownership as to why it took 45 minutes on a extremely non busy day. Neither the waterpark or front desk mgr wanted to take ownership. We ended up having to drive to and from the remaining trip. The staff were extremely unknowledgable and rude. Read the reviews before you book and follow your gut instinct which I wish I did. I even tried to call the mgr after my ordeal for some time of apology or resolution to the problem so I wouldn't be so upset but she wasnt trained in customer responsiveness or service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I just stayed there the past 3 days without our 3 kids to take advantage of the Great Escape Package. We enjoyed every part of the visit. The only exception would be the room upgrade is not worth it with the tiny blue flame in the fireplace and the hot tub in the bathroom. When we mentioned it, the front desk promptly and politely gave us another room and refunded the $111.50 upgrade fee. Problem solved.

The Market Fresh buffet was excellent! We had many drinks at Howlers and found the bartenders (Will especially) to be very able and willing to help concoct new drink creations that stayed within the all-inclusive bounds.

Now - our kids, being aged 14, 11 and 6 would NOT have been impressed by the water park. It's quite small in comparison to the Wilderness (our personal favorite) and wouldn't have enough to keep them entertained.

Last but not least - we took a tour of "the club", Chula Vista's alternative to timeshare. I think this deal would be totally worthwhile if the resort had a bit more to offer or our kids were much younger. The downside was our salesman, Steve. He took way too long to run through the script which made us very impatient at the end. They literally take 90+ minutes to run through all the great benefits of the same programs every timeshare offers, but then expected us to say "yes" instantly when the price is dropped. We tried asking for at least an hour to go see the waterpark and his demeanor quickly turned in a complete douche. Very unprofessional!!

Overall, really enjoyed our time there. Many of the other reviews make this place sound like a dump with rude staff - couldn't be further from the truth. My wife is extremely picky and looks behind every nook and cranny. If she finds so much as a dust bunny, we are out of there and demanding another room! We toured the condos - absolutely beautiful - almost as nice as the Wilderness on the Lake which we feel set the standard.

Room Tip: If you don't like a hot tub in the bathroom, don't choose the room upgrade - not worth it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian W,

It was great to see you had a wonderful time on your recent getaway. I appreciate the feedback you have provided and we will be sure to review them.
We look forward to being of service to you again in the future and we will keep you informed on future specials. Have a great holiday season.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I went on a boys weekend away, which turned into one of the most crazy events in my life. It started out by hanging out with my boys in the bar and it turned into a crazy night. I ended up at Chula Vista for the night (Not my original hotel I was staying at). Once I showed up there with the craziest group of people I had met at the bar(mistake number one!) I went back to with them to Chula and decided to get my own room for the night. The first girl I encountered with was Brandi at the condos who was awesome! Very patient and professional(I don't know how patient I could have been dealing with a bunch of drunk people) Her and Lindsey were awesome! Got us into my room and was a big help when everything went sour with nutso! (Girl I came back to Chula with, Mistake number two) Luckily, Brandi was there to help me call a cab when my phone was dead, which she also let me use her phone charger to charge my phone, to call my friends, which I had lost in the midst of all this craziness. Chula you guys have an awesome staff! Very helpful and friendly! As much as I saw of the resort it was beautiful. I will suggest staying there to my boys next time. Just not to leave the bar with any crazy women! I am very grateful I had someone so helpful and also fun to be there that night!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Shawn M,

It appears you had a adventurous weekend in the Dells. We appreciate you taking the time to recognize Brandi and Lindsey we are lucky to have them as part of our team.
Hopefully you will be able to join us again sometime in the near future. Have a safe and enjoyable holiday season.

BETTENDORF
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We will never go back or recommend this place. Restaurants are not baby friendly, way overpriced, Market Fresh Buffet was terrible - ony fresh thing on it was the chicken. We requested a pizza be made for the buffet so our 2 yr old could eat something and they didn't make it because they couldn't find the pizza maker??!! Then fire him! Terrible service, Our bill was messed up and it took 15 minutes to get it corrected. The toddler pool was tiny and boring. Our entire weekend was a total of 2 hours at the indoor pool because we couldn't take the babies on anything bigger due to crazy, uncontrolled big kids. The lazy river is impossible to get on a raft while holding a child and the lifeguards don't offer assistance. The pool area was very chilly. They only have one family restroom to change little ones (there is a sign that you cannot change diapers in the pool area) and we waited 20 minutes before going into the regular bathroom. There is no changing table in the bathroom so I changed a 7 month old on a bench that is permanently affixed 6 inches from the wall with no straps - very dangerous and frustrating!
Our condo was great - very nice appliances and plenty of space for cribs and it had 2 tv's.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Amy M,

I appreciate your time in providing feedback during your stay. I am sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations. We do take your comments seriously and will take them under advisement.
Have a great holiday season.

Winona, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The buildings are clean and in good repair. We had a poor TV and the desk installed a new one within an hour. We would highly recommend upgrading to the All Inclusive package. The food is fantastic and the drinks are strong. It's also a great family friendly place. My husband and I will be bringing our family back in the future!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Shannon D.,

It is great to see that you had such a wonderful experience and thank you for being with us.
We look forward to serving you and your family in the near future.
Thank you again and have a great holiday.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was here two times and i can say, that the make changes from year to year for the better of course - new buildings, new attractions. It'e very familly place, lot of kids running and having a lot of fun, but there are some places where kids dont visit, where you can relax :)
Service is ok, everybody is very helpful and nice. Service room is ok, rooms are clean everyday.
I reccomend this place as a resort for family holidays, aspecially durring summertime, cause Wis Dells is a fun town with a lot of attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Andre S.,

Thank you for providing the wonderful feedback on your stay this summer, it is most appreciated.
We hope that we may hve the opportunity to be of service to you nad your family again in the future. Have a wonderful holiday and safe travels.

Dan Hoppe

Been to Chula Vista Resort? Share your experiences!