We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas night at the CVR. I had read reviews and was scared to go! We had a great time. My husband, myself and our kids 9 and 4. I had read some bad reviews and I have to say (being very picky myself) that these folks must have just wanted it to be 100% perfect. You can't get that anywhere. Here are my key points:
The Room - we stayed in the new condo building in a 2 bedroom. It had two fireplaces, in room jacuzzi, kitchen and it was clean and in great condition. Paper walls? If it wasn't for the waterpark, I would have thought we were the only ones there. Never heard a peep or any kids running up and down the halls. Cheap thin towels? I have to agree with other reviews. However, it can be dealt with, no big deal. Foreign non-english speaking rude staff? Yes, a lot were foreign, but they all tried hard and were courteous. I can't speak for the older rooms - I can see that they may be dated and therefore get bad reviews.
The Lost Rios Indoor waterpark - Not as huge as it's competitors but it worked out great for our family. Even my 9 year old son had plenty to do. Freezing cold water? No...Bathwater?.No..but certainly warm enough to swim in - I'd says it's the same as the other waterparks in the dells.
All inclusive - We purchased the all inclusive because it was a holiday. It was very nice not to have to leave the hotel or worry about how much we were spending. I will agree with others that it is a bit limited. The Market buffet was very good and it offers a great breakfast and wonderful dinner with plenty of options. Lunch would have to be at the snack bar by the pool which was understaffed and yes...it did take awhile to get a burger and fries. There is nothing to eat after 10 pm when everything closes. So, drinks, snacks, etc...are stopped. I loved having the all inclusive but I think if it wasn't a holiday it probably would be more cost effective to do otherwise. I saw people who were trying to order 6 pina colada's with their AI wristband and threw a fit when they were told the other 5 people had to be there himself. Then I realized that they were ordering drinks and taking them to their friends out by the pool who didn't purchase the AI package. That only makes the rates increase for us who actually PAY for it so....cry all you want. Be honest and the system works well. Try to scam and of course you're going to get ticked at the rules. These are probably the same people who complained about the thin walls and towels.
The WiFI internet connection was disappointing to say the least. Don't plan on doing work while the kids and mom splash in the pool. Aint gonna happen.
I will stay here again...without reservation...we had a fabulous time and took everything with a grain of salt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme