“Can anything be better located than this Best Western?” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #30 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Minnesota
“Can anything be better located than this Best Western?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This place has huge advantages. Quiet rooms at night.

Pros: At a stone throw distance from travel mart. Very close to dells attractions. Arby's, Mcdonalds, taco bell, culvers, applebees, ihop, denny's, starbucks, a 24hr-open walgreens and 3 gas stations are all within 0.5 miles of it!
Spacious parking lot, swimming pool, fast free wifi, free breakfast, AAA discount, multiple electrical outlets along with fridge in room, microwave in lobby- you're being shameless and insatiable if you're asking for more in $90!

Cons: Carpets could have been cleaner. Generalized upkeeping can probably be improved upon.

• Stayed June 2013

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Price was good but than we thought it would be for a holiday weekend. Easy access to all Dells activites. The hotel is easy on/off freeway. Pools were simple but adequate. Walking distance to restaurants or convience stores.

• Stayed May 2013
Kenora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I needed a inexpensive room for one night and chose the BW. The room was clean, the beds very comfortable and it had a good shower. The breakfast bar had cereal, bread, pastries, yogurt, hard boiled eggs and make your own waffles - no hot items. The outdoor pool was not open but looked like it would be a nice place to sit in the sun as it backed onto the trees. My only complaint was that the front desk staff were not willing to answer questions that I had about the attractions offered in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in a second floor room overlooking the outdoor pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Orting, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a nice hotel. Nothing Spectacular just nice. Rooms were a bit dated but clean. The pool area was very nice. It included a Sauna and Hot Tub. Breakfast was a bit disappointing. It had no eggs or sausage just the standard waffle machine, some oranges, cereal, non-fat milk, yogurt and a small assortment of breads. I did have a donut or at least a bite of one. It was soggy like it had been defrosted. Overall though I would stay there again but I would eat breakfast at Denny's next door.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Was looking for a place to stay that was not a resort and not as pricey as the resorts at the Dells.We needed an overnight stay while attending the Automotion car festival.
This place was great, payed $78.00 for a nights stay. The front desk was very helpful and friendly and gave us great advise on some of the things to do in the Dells.
Our room was great with a balcony over looking the pool and woods. Very clean and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Also had a great free breakfast in the morning.
This place was one of the best hotels I have stayed in at that price, to me this place was as good as a $300.00 a night resort, just without the big waterparks.
Next year we will be back for Automotion and I will definitely make my reservations at this Best Western every year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here on a Tuesday - Friday in April. It was nice. It's close to the freeway and within walking distance to the downtown dells area. It's also right across from Paul Bunyans. The continental breakfast was good(waffles, english muffins, mini muffins, cereal, juice, milk, coffee, fruit), certainly enough to get you going. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The pool area seemed nice, we didn't go in. When we stayed we got free passes for Chula Vista, so we went there. Our room was big and had a fridge and a microwave, which was awesome for leftovers. The prizes in the game room were lacking, but I'm sure it's not aimed at adults. My only complaint would be the bed was a little harder than I'm used to. I'd stay again but try for a softer bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

When I called on the phone to make reservations, the lady helping me couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. She was great. We needed just an overnight stay. We arrived and were able to check in a couple hours early which was extremely helpful as our kids and I stayed at the hotel while my husband went to attend other business. We were pleasantly happy with the size of the room. We had a standard 2 queen bed room. There was nice sized floor space for one of my sons to sleep on the floor which he prefers and which isn't always the case in other places we have been at. This hotel also did not allow pets which is a BIG thing we look for when choosing a hotel. The pool is just average but our kids enjoyed it. We could get free passes to Chula Vista waterpark for staying at BW but we didn't have time to fit it in. At checkout, the gal helping me looked up our record and remembered me from calling in as I had to make a possible special request in case we weren't able to make the trip. Again, she was so pleasant!
Two negative things that we experienced: The room itself was clean but the bathroom was filthy! It was almost as if they forgot to clean it after the last one left! Hair all over the place. ICK. And I wish I would have had disinfectant wipes along as the light switch plate needed major attention. The re-caulking job in dark grey around the light colored toilet was tacky. And one of the floor tiles was very loose. Second, they do serve breakfast but it is a bit limited compared to our past hotel experiences. Waffles, donuts, yogurt, cereal. My son met us in the breakfast area a little later and he walks in and asked where are the eggs. He just assumed every hotel served them for breakfast. But it was enough to get us by. Also, the ladies working the breakfast area didn't make eye contact and didn't talk. It seemed a little strange.
Overall, we were in town a very short time so this place did the trick for us and we will likely stay here again when we are in town for the same purpose.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!