When I called on the phone to make reservations, the lady helping me couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. She was great. We needed just an overnight stay. We arrived and were able to check in a couple hours early which was extremely helpful as our kids and I stayed at the hotel while my husband went to attend other business. We were pleasantly happy with the size of the room. We had a standard 2 queen bed room. There was nice sized floor space for one of my sons to sleep on the floor which he prefers and which isn't always the case in other places we have been at. This hotel also did not allow pets which is a BIG thing we look for when choosing a hotel. The pool is just average but our kids enjoyed it. We could get free passes to Chula Vista waterpark for staying at BW but we didn't have time to fit it in. At checkout, the gal helping me looked up our record and remembered me from calling in as I had to make a possible special request in case we weren't able to make the trip. Again, she was so pleasant!
Two negative things that we experienced: The room itself was clean but the bathroom was filthy! It was almost as if they forgot to clean it after the last one left! Hair all over the place. ICK. And I wish I would have had disinfectant wipes along as the light switch plate needed major attention. The re-caulking job in dark grey around the light colored toilet was tacky. And one of the floor tiles was very loose. Second, they do serve breakfast but it is a bit limited compared to our past hotel experiences. Waffles, donuts, yogurt, cereal. My son met us in the breakfast area a little later and he walks in and asked where are the eggs. He just assumed every hotel served them for breakfast. But it was enough to get us by. Also, the ladies working the breakfast area didn't make eye contact and didn't talk. It seemed a little strange.
Overall, we were in town a very short time so this place did the trick for us and we will likely stay here again when we are in town for the same purpose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Wisconsin's largest resort area, the BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites offers an idyllic getaway for business or pleasure. Our facility offers spacious two queen rooms, King suites, and family suites with kitchens. Other amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools, whirlpools, high speed internet access, and in-room coffee. From waterparks to skiing, golf courses to shopping, you'll find an endless array of activities at your fingertips. Hotel guests will be conveniently located less than one mile from Trapper's Turn Championship 18 Hole Golf Course and four miles from Wisconsin Dells skiing at Christmas Mountain. Families especially will love the variety of water parks and other local attractions within a short distance from the hotel including Noah's Ark, America's largest waterpark, Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park, and the Original Ducks on the scenic Wisconsin River. Whether you want to stay relaxed or stay productive, stay in the heart of it all at the Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ambassador Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Best Western Ambassador Inn And Suites
- Best Western Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Dells Best Western