Ok, by "Served a Purpose" we are not saying it was a bad experience by any means just that it didn't have the WOW factor that our previous Best Western stay in Bloomington MN had. The Positive's . . . We had a discount available when booking the room so the price was great for a weekend stay. The limited interaction we had with the front desk staff was great! They were knowledgeable and friendly. The room was big and the jacuzzi tub felt great. The bed was comfortable and the heat was easily regulated. They have adult only pool hours and a limited continental breakfast avail in the morning. The so so's . . . The walls are very thin and you can easily hear conversations or activities in rooms with connecting walls. The bathroom could use a little TLC. The molding is starting to crack and the ventilation is lacking (you could see into the vent and it was covered in dust/dirt) so the ceiling had some darker shadowing along the edges and corners. The hotel is a little off the main strip of the Dells but has easy access to the interstate and not that far from the other attractions – but not walking distance. The Con’s. . . The sound proofing from the hall is not great at all. People walking/running in the hall was a little loud. The chlorine in the hot tub seemed really strong but we may have just not been used to it. And the room card readers seemed to take several swipes to get to work.
Overall the hotel isn’t bad but it is a little older. The staff is great! We would stay there again if they still honored the discount we used. If there didn’t and there were other (newer) hotels/water parks avail for the same price we would likely give them a try instead as they may have more to offer. They also offer Chula Vista passes with your stay. We didn’t use them during this visit as we found the last Winter weekend visit to Chula Vista to be packed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Wisconsin's largest resort area, the BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites offers an idyllic getaway for business or pleasure. Our facility offers spacious two queen rooms, private Jacuzzi suites, and family suites with kitchens. Other amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools, whirlpools, high speed internet access, and in-room coffee. From waterparks to skiing, golf courses to shopping, you'll find an endless array of activities at your fingertips. Hotel guests will be conveniently located less than one mile from Trapper's Turn Championship 18 Hole Golf Course and four miles from Wisconsin Dells skiing at Christmas Mountain. Families especially will love the variety of water parks and other local attractions within a short distance from the hotel including Noah's Ark, America's largest waterpark, Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park, and the Original Ducks on the scenic Wisconsin River. Whether you want to stay relaxed or stay productive, stay in the heart of it all at the Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ambassador Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Best Western Ambassador Inn And Suites
- Best Western Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Dells Best Western