This was a last minute, quick overnight Labor Day trip to the Dells. I decided on the Best Western after checking the other big and smaller motel type places for last minute specials. I reserved the room online the same day right before driving to the Dells from Milwaukee. The Best Western had a rate of $89.00 for Sunday night stay. I was happy with my choice which included Chula Vista (CV) waterpark wristbands. It was a nice location with Wendy's, and Denny's right next door. If you have kids or teens they can walk there themselves.Walgreens is a couple blocks down where we bought snacks, juice for the morning, etc.
There was a fridge, but no microwave in our room. If you need a microwave, you can probably ask for a room with one. Our room was clean and nice with two double queen beds. Flat screen TV in the room. The indoor pool was nice but you could really smell the chlorine. We didn't check out the outdoor pool at the hotel so I cannot make a comment on that. The staff was nice and gave us printed directions to CV. I would stay here again. If you want a nice, clean, affordable place to lay you head. This is it. If you are looking for five star place, you may want to stay somewhere else.
We ate at the CV Margarita type restaurant which has umbrella tables and chairs for outside dining. The restaurant is kind of hidden behind the hotel. It has a small waterfall with a small wave pool. It was cold that day so no one was using this pool It was really nice just to relax, drink great tasting frozen margaritas and watch the boats go by. My guy had chicken strips and I had nachos grande. Our bill, including two drinks and a tip was about $30.00 Most of the people where at the Chula Vista indoor waterpark which was really crowded, as expected on Labor Day.
Other folks talked about thin walls, we didn't hear any loud parties or people. It was quiet, just normal noise from people going to/from their rooms.
Tip: Bring you own bar soap. There was only one small bar of soap in the room. Especially if you don't like liquid dispenser soap when taking a shower/bath. There's no shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. so bring your own.
The other things we did - go karts, downtown riverwalk, and relaxed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Wisconsin's largest resort area, the BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites offers an idyllic getaway for business or pleasure. Our facility offers spacious two queen rooms, private Jacuzzi suites, and family suites with kitchens. Other amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools, whirlpools, high speed internet access, and in-room coffee. From waterparks to skiing, golf courses to shopping, you'll find an endless array of activities at your fingertips. Hotel guests will be conveniently located less than one mile from Trapper's Turn Championship 18 Hole Golf Course and four miles from Wisconsin Dells skiing at Christmas Mountain. Families especially will love the variety of water parks and other local attractions within a short distance from the hotel including Noah's Ark, America's largest waterpark, Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park, and the Original Ducks on the scenic Wisconsin River. Whether you want to stay relaxed or stay productive, stay in the heart of it all at the Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ambassador Inn And Suites
- Best Western Ambassador Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Best Western Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Dells Best Western