“Serviceable.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Amherst, Wisconsin
“Serviceable.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Good place for a good price. No bells or whistles, an affordable place. There are better places in town, but you will spend the $$ for them.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Prior Lake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Beware the hidden charges!!! They won't quote them when you call!!! Lots of "catches".
Lobby is very nice and updated. The rest of the hotel was very dated. Halls were filthy. Rooms that smelled unclean. .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

My mom and I stayed in this hotel in mid-August. The decor is a little dated. The internet barely works. They have 12 channels (for when you are in your room in the late evening). They don't offer you a breakfast from their own hotel, but do let you purchase 10 dollars worth of food from Denny's for 5 dollars. The pool was very nice and we used that over the free tickets to the Chula Vista water park. We did visit the water park, but it was located a far distance from all the other water parks; the wave pool was located in a different area from all the other water activities, so we decided to return to the hotel and use that pool--had it all to ourselves. They also don't give you the complimentary newspaper, but you can purchase one for a buck.

The staff was very friendly. I had read reviews before leaving and one said that they charge you a 7 dollar amenity fee--that is for people who call to make reservations or just show up. Since I had done mine on-line, I didn't get charged for it, thankfully because all they put in our room was one bar of soap--no shampoo, no conditioner, no lotion; and what made me laugh out loud was that they placed 2 pieces of paper on the night stand--not a pad of paper, but 2 pieces.

The beds were a little hard, but they worked for us. All in all, it was an alright stay. I have been in better hotels and this stay did help me get a free night voucher with Best Western's incentives, so I can't complain.

Would I return here again--who knows. It was a downgrade from the Best Western we had stayed at the night before in Bloomington, MN.

Racine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Let me start by saying my one star rating is based solely on the fact that the mattresses were horrible and nobody with management seemed to care.

The property itself isn't too bad, nice pool, decent rooms with free wireless.....but remember you choose hotels based on one premise, your ability to sleep there that night. All the other stuff is just fluff. With that said, I've never slept less in a hotel in my LIFE. Both mattresses were so horrible, I woke up (assuming I slept) with the worst back ache in my life. To make matters slightly worse, there were stampedes of young children doing laps down the hallways (with little to no stopping by hotel staff).

If you're going here because they're offering free Chula Vista waterpark tickets, do yourself a favor. Pay the extra $50-$75 to just stay there....I can't imagine their mattresses are any worse.

Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper.The room was spotless,including the bathroom.I am very picky when it comes to this..My family liked the outdoor pool and hot tub better than the indoor because the water was alot warmer.We enjoyed the Chula Vista wristbands that came with the room.I would stay here again!

Sioux City, Iowa, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

we used their 2 bedroom suite with king beds, and 2 pull out couches for 2 families and it worked great. the suite also had a fair sized full kitchen and 2 baths. there was a large dining table and a huge living area, which fit all the kids easily. there was both an indoor and outdoor pool and hottub. there was no continental breakfast, so it was nice we had our own kitchen. the service at the hotel was fine, nothing good, nothing bad. the room was great, however, and my friends are i are planning to meet there again for another stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I checked into our room and promptly began noticing some cleanliness issues. There was a stain on the comforter, mold in the shower and around the edge of the jacuzzi tub. While walking to the front desk, my boyfriend had to wade through a group of unruly teens. He asked to speak to a manager, a supervisor came out and asked him to fill out a comment card. They said there wasn't much they could do since I have pre-paid using Orbitz. The next day we assumed that the cleaning issue would be taken care of. We were incorrect. That night the teens were out and about again. We called the front desk and it appeared to be taken care of. At the end of our stay, 3 nights later, the management had still not contacted us in regards to the room. The cleanliness remained the same throughout the trip. When we checked out, the person at the front desk did not even ask how our stay was. We were very disappointed. We realized it wasn't the most expensive hotel in the Dells, however, cleanliness is to be expected. The description also states the rooms have been recently redecorated. I think our room might have been missed! The room did come with Chula Vista passes which was nice and the pool area was well taken care of and relaxing.

Room Tip: Cleanliness, attention to detail, customer service......quite lacking