“Good coffee, slow to get” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
“Good coffee, slow to get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The coffe is good and the price is good. It just takes too long to get your cup of coffee when that is your only item you ordered.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Tasty and unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I love all the gluten-free options! The place was busy and I didn't have time to stay and eat but I knew that it was a must-stop due the reviews. I would recommend this place because of their variety. Tasty cupcakes and soup! Prices aren't bad either.

Visited April 2013
Whitewater, Wisconsin, United States
“Best place in town for coffee and a quick bite to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I really enjoy SweetSpot and it is a regular weekend visit for me. It was a standard coffeehouse until the food and pastry section were vastly upgraded in the past few years. Now it is a great place to order a morning panini or a full sandwich for lunch along with that drink. This is also where the locals go for cupcakes or a sweet treat. Service is friendly but the wait can be long. Drinks are above average. Question for the owners. Why are the wooden stirrers shorter than your large cup? You can’t reach the bottom without putting your fingers in the cup. They are useless for stirring anything other than cream. They also need to replenish the cinnamon more frequently as it seems to be out quite often. These are minor inconveniences in an otherwise great place to have some food and drink.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
lamariem, Owner at The SweetSpot, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your nice review. I'm glad you have enjoyed all of our recent additions! I'm glad you find the long wait worth it, we are working on ways to expedite service but somedays we just have so many customers to serve. :)
The stir sticks are a serious annoyance for us too and I apologize. We used to have long ones and our distributor discontinued them. We have been trying to source new ones and I will make it a priority now that I know it's as problematic for our customers as it is for us. Also, I will make sure that stocking the cinnamon get s put on our daily check sheet. Maybe a larger vessel is in order.
Thanks again for your review! We appreciate your business!
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our favorite restaurant! The chef is phenomenal! The menu is terrific - you just can't go wrong with anything on it!

Visited October 2012
Highland Park, New Jersey
“reasonably good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The main thing that drove us nuts here was the very persistent houseflies, which may not be the fault of the proprietors and staff.

We got a variety of things here --a fabulous smoothie, yogurt, tea ... an Asian chicken salad that was excellent!!! Service is good. This seems to be the main hangout for the town, but it is reasonably spacious so you don't have to feel on top of other folks. Also the wifi here is good and works reliably.

Visited August 2012
lamariem, Owner at The SweetSpot, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for visiting and for reviewing our cafe. I'm glad that you enjoyed the food, drinks, and service. We have expanded several times to accommodate the rising numbers of customers over the years. We made every effort to keep the space open and not crowded. Thanks for noticing!
I'm sorry the house flies drove you nuts. They drive us nuts every September and October too, and we do the best we can to get rid of them.

Please visit again!