“Outstanding Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Hurley, Wisconsin
“Outstanding Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife, I, and our two kids shared breakfast at this place and it was very nice and it was made very nice because of our server. Our kids have a problem finishing everything on their plates and this wonderful person promised them treats if they finished everything. Well.. It worked very well. Our kids ate all that they could and this wonderful person gave them treats when they were done. Thank you so very much for this Pioneer Inn, my wife, I, and our kids, were very happy! We will be back again and the food was outstanding!!!!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Milladore, Wisconsin
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Anytime we are traveling and get near the Pioneer at mealtime, this is a favorite stop. Yesterday, my husband and I each had the hot turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy. We knew to order the small portion which is a very generous helping. I took some home. Summary~ the food is tasty, the service is great, it's very clean (even the restroom), and the price is very affordable. Nothing fancy, just good cooking!!

Visited October 2013
rockford il
“Keep on Driving....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stopped here on our way to a ski weekend in March. This restaurant is very dark and the food is average.We inquired about breakfast...it was on the cusp from breakfast to lunch hour. We were told there were a few items we could still order. While my family ordered eggs made various ways and said it was ok, I just ordered a cup of decaf coffee. The coffee tasted burnt and like it was sitting around for quite some time. We let the waitress know and she commented " oh ". The coffee was not replaced, she never took the mug nor offered to make a fresh pot. We went to pay the bill, we weren't charged for the coffee, but inquired why we couldn't get various breakfast items. The hostess snapped " if we did that for you, then we would have to offer everything for everybody". It wasn't like the restaurant was crowded...they had many tables open. I get the feeling that this place has past it's prime. It's right on the highway, so maybe they feel they don't have to go the extra step for good customer service. The food appears to be highly processed as well. As the title says....keep on driving!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Westfield, wi
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We visit the Pioneer Inn several times per month, almost always for breakfast, occasionally for lunch. The food is good, portions are adequate, the service is attentive. Have only had dinner here once, it was not particularly good. We ordered the turkey dinner which was slices of processed turkey and instant potatoes. Would probably not do dinner again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin
“Clean, Friendly Serivce, Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I were heading home after a weekend of skiing up north. We were tired and getting hungry. We pulled into the Pioneer Inn. Expecting more of a truck stop atmosphere I was surprised to find a VERY clean, well staffed, cafe styled restaurant with good food. Everyone working there was happy to help. My husband had a full chicken dinner and I had soup and salad. We were in and out in less than 30 minutes. We made it home before the sun went down.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere