“Be very careful” 1 of 5 stars

262-338-7710
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Timmer's On Big CEDAR Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in West Bend
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Come and visit this beautiful historic landmark! Built in 1880 Timmer's Resort was totally remodeled in 2008 to restore the original charm of this lakeside dining and cabin resort. Our beautiful lodge has fire places in each dining room as well as beautiful views of Big Cedar Lake and its surrounding pines and native foliage. Our classic menu offers homemade goodness. Salads, Sandwiches, Seafood, Aged Steaks, Ribs along with our signature dishes Chicken Wellington & Citrus Crusted Salmon! You will discover our homemade desserts are sure to please. Our wine list is strong with California and US wines that will please any wine aficionado. Summer months you will want to enjoy our outdoor dining patio..It's everyone's favorite! Let us share our love of true Wisconsin hospitality with you. Timmer’s offers live music on the weekends for your entertainment. We welcome you to enjoy and discover Timmer’s!
Lomira, Wisconsin
“Be very careful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The food looked yummy and tasted good. But BAM, VERY early the next morning, I was very ill for several hours from food poisoning. Very disappointing. Then when I called to talk to them, it took them 2 days to call me back. That tells me that they were going to continue to serve the suspicious food - it was either the salmon or the blue cheese on the salad, judging from the others at our table that remained healthy. Sad to put others at risk.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kohler, Wisconsin
“Great atmosphere only to be outdone by the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I brought a group of my golfing buddies to Timmer's on a Monday night. Seems everywhere else is closed up tight in West Bend! I hadn't been there in years, heard it was revamped and decided to give it a try. The location on Big Cedar Lake is stunning. We all had a cocktail outside on the patio before we sat down to dine. The drinks were good & hit the spot. The setting and view are unmatched by none. The interior of the restaurant is warm with knotty pine and feels very "northwoodsy". We were sat at a large round table which was super. The staff was friendly and efficient. The food was out of this world. I had the filet and ordered it blackened with blue cheese (a special order but not a problem whatsoever) the steak melted in my mouth. Some of the others ordered the crab leg special and chops. They were not disappointed one bit. I'm glad the place has been rebuilt and seems to be doing well. It will definitely be a regular stop for my group!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“EIGHT DOLLARS FOR A BLOODY MARY!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife & I stopped in for Sunday Brunch. The $15.95 price tag seemed a bit steep but that wasn't the biggest issue. To be fair, this is a beautiful place in a beautiful location. The buffet was good. Not great, but not bad either. Our very friendly waitress asked if we wanted a bloody mary to start. When we said yes, she immediately asked if we wanted a beer "chaser". We declined. I'm glad we did because when the bill came, I was shocked to see a charge of $16.00 for two Bloody Marys. That's more than a bit steep folks, that's just taking advantage of people. Left a really bad taste in my mouth, for an otherwise nice meal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, TX
“Recommended. One of my favorite places to dine in West Bend.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Timmer’s is a resort located on a lake just outside of West Bend proper. Timmer’s offers up various resort activities from lake access to bocce ball pits to wedding facilities and more. The restaurant and bar on the property is one of my favorite places to dine while in West Bend. The food is uniformly solid from appetizers through entrees, the bar has a nice feel and the overall atmosphere feels like coming home. During this most recent trip I had the special for the evening which was some of the best fried walleye I’ve ever eaten. The “squeakers” or fried cheese curds were also some of the best I’ve had.

Open for lunch and dinner. Major credit cards accepted.

Visited August 2013
Central Wisconsin
“Beautiful setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Timmer's Resort has a beautiful setting on Cedar Lake, near West Bend. We had a family brunch there in August 2013. The brunch was adequate; the omelets were the best part. We were put in a small side room, far from the buffet table, even though we had made reservations. Service was poor, yet an 18% gratuity is automatically added to the bill. All in all, this was a disappointment.

• Visited August 2013