“Wonderful Food and Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars

1006 S Main St, West Bend, WI 53095-4604
(262) 334-9491
Improve this listing
Saukville, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Food and Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We visited the Coachman for lunch and were treated to wonderful food and outstanding service. This little retro gem will make you feel like you have gone back to the fifties when you experience the food and service.
We had a great lunch and service for a great price! Will be back very soon!!!!

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Minnesota
“Average Food but Gracious Wait Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

My high school friends and I decided to visit a real old-fashioned supper club on my last visit to Wisconsin. We chose the Coachman House because of its reputation for its great Friday Fish Fry. Overall, the food was okay--if you like deep-fried appetizers, fairly average fish and fries, and a limited menu. However, we weren't really there for the food anyway. We were a group of 10 and not very quiet, so the restaurant was gracious enough to put us in a back room where we could be as loud as we wanted to be. We had a great time, and would consider going back just to hang out in the lounge.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Went early on a Friday. Did not get the Fish Fry because I was craving steak. They found chicken strips and fries for my son, who also did not want fish fry. Very, very nice and attentive staff. Full neighborhood bar located in a front of building. Strong drinks. Older local crowd.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Bend
“Best fish fry in Washington County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

The fish are excellent, the portions are large, and the prices are very reasonable. You won't go away hungary. The chicken & the steaks are also very good. The staff is very freindly and accommodating. They will allow you to substitue if you don't like a certain side dish. It can get very busy on Friday nights and I would advise reservations if you plan on dinning between 5:30 and 7:00 P.M. We have enjoyed dining at this restaurant for many years and have not been dissapointed yet.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
wisconsin
“Top 5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

I took a friend for his birthday and had a wonderful experience. I was upset to see a review (even though it was 6 years old) saying that the place was filled with "old people" all the time. I'm 29 and my friend is 40. We had one of the best experiences there! Actually, everytime I have gone to the restaurant, I receive the best customer service, and the food is just amazing. I love the fact that it is a smaller place. That way, it can never be too crowded and loud. Our waitress even treated my friend to a phenomenal rum cake! I hope this restaurant will be here to stay for many more years. You can't find service and food like that for such a great price in many places anymore. Great job, guys!!