“Good Seafood Variety -- Your Way!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 72 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Richfield, WI
“Good Seafood Variety -- Your Way!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've dined at Red Lobster for at least 20+ years. During that time, although prices have gone up, the food and quality of the ingredients used in preparation has stayed fairly consistent. Other than rising prices, the portion sizes have gone down a bit, also. That said, I continue to go there with family and friends, most recently with a girlfriend on a Tuesday evening. This location is quite popular, and often, I've had to park in the far-back lot. On this evening, I got a spot up front! Our server was particularly nice and attentive. We were seated immediately. Over the last couple of years, because I've paid more attention to diet, I've frequently ordered off of the fresh catch menu. There are usually three types of fish available, in half- or full portions. They can be served broiled, fried and blackened. One can select from a choice of sides, including vegetables (like green beans, asparagus and mixed veggies), and potatoes (mashed, baked, baby red -- or rice). All meals come with a choice of garden or Caesar salads. On this Tuesday, my friend and I ordered the "build your own" planner. You have a choice of two or three types of fish, prepared in different ways. My friend had the seafood stuffed flounder and garlic shrimp. I had the grilled salmon and "Walter's Shrimp" (a larger shrimp, breaded and fried). We both enjoyed our entrees. A "specialty" that Red Lobster offers all diners, and is hard to resist are its cheddar bay biscuits. You could easily make a mean of those alone. We usually take the leftover biscuits home. One time when I ate at the Mayfair location, we asked our server to leave the leftover biscuits as we were going to take them with us. He came back with a bag for the biscuits, and in the bag, there were probably an additional five biscuits. It was a great surprise, one that we all enjoyed for a couple of days later (just heat for about 10-15 seconds in the microwave!). Red Lobster often runs coupons in the Sunday paper. At our Tuesday evening dinner, we had a "$4 off of two meals." Coupons make a nice added touch for an already great experience.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Overated and Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Visited on a Friday evening at 8p - no waiting line and some empty tables in restaurant. Took 10 mins. for server to come to table, then he was awkward and seemed uninterested in serving us. He brought waters (which we did not order), we ordered an appetizer and drinks. He disappeared for a long while until he returned with our meal sides, still no drinks or appetizer. Then our meal arrived and we were unimpressed AGAIN! We each ordered the $30 plate of lobster overload and the lobsters were super small and not warm. No server checkback at all during the meal, no refills on the water. Server delivered our check and asked if we were doing ok. To which I responded "please take off our appetizer and 2 drinks as we did not receive them". He did not apologize or acknowledge this error, and left our table. Returned with new bill to which we paid immediately. Then... after crappy service and crappy food the server had the nerve to "circle our table" 3 times to check to see if we were leaving a tip! WOW... Tip for the managers and operators of this place... hire qualified people and manage the people better! We will not be back after this awful experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Allis
“'We see seafood differently" 3 1/2 stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just missed 'Lobster Fest' bummer! Love those little biscuits, food s consistantly good which ever Red Lobster you go to. Not a fan of fancy 'sissy' flavored drinks but the bar has any thing you want.

Visited December 2012
Milwaukee
“Soft Drinks So Pricey They Should Be Served By Vestil Virgins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our Thursday, January 3, 2013 visit around 5:00 pm was met delightfully with immediate seating. By our 6:00 pm departure there were still immediate seating. We did some walk to local shopping and by our 6:35 pm return, the restaurant had some 18 ea. patrons waiting to be seated and the usual drive around the building patron or two as well. Service was paced appropriately for the first time we've dined here in ages. Normally we are rushed through our meal with the timing between drink, salad and entree service measured in seconds on occassion. That was not the case this visit and my wife and I enjoyed our house salads and 30 Shrimp ($11.99) featured special entree at a rare leisurely pace. We shared/split the two "new" shrimp preparation selections we each ordered. The rather filling salad and the shrimp alfredo left me full enough to leave portions of my two shrimp preparations and 1/2 of the smallish baked potato for lunch the next day. We both ordered lemonades, the raspberry and the traditional. The prices, $2.90 and $2.60, even with free refills, caused me to turn a whiter shade of pale and lamenting that at that price they should have been served by vestil virgins.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Eat that Shrimp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I am not into many buffets but the endless shrimp and options at the Red Lobster is awesome. The biscuts are the best and soemthing never to miss. The food was excellent with service attention that I ahve not had at that level before. Worth the stop and if you time the arrival befroe 430pm and after 8pm there is little wait on a Friday and Saturday night.

• Visited September 2012